[homeles_ot-l] Post-Secondary Mental Health Supports FW: post to listserv

Lynne Browne lynnebrowne at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Mon Jun 10 11:12:53 EDT 2013

FYI

LYNNE BROWNE

Executive Director

Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa

171 George Street, Ottawa ON K1N 5W5

613-241-1573, ext. 314

 <mailto:lynnebrowne at endhomelessnessottawa.ca>
lynnebrowne at endhomelessnessottawa.ca

From: Dan Sabourin [mailto:dansabourin at ysb.on.ca]
Sent: June-07-13 5:09 PM
To: Lynne Browne
Subject: post to listeserv

Post-Secondary Mental Health Supports

http://news.ontario.ca/tcu/en/2013/03/strengthening-mental-health-supports-f
or-postsecondary-students.html

The help line was announced back in March, and is part of the broader
Comprehensive Mental Health and Addictions Strategy.   My understanding is
that the post-secondary sector was consulted extensively in the development
of this approach, but can't provide details beyond that point.  It will  be
building off the Kids Help Phone infrastructure and targeted to
post-secondary institutes.   I'm sure this will raise implementation
questions which will need to be worked through locally through
collaboration.

Thanks Lynne!

Dan Sabourin

Director of Community Services

Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa

147 Besserer Street

Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6A7

Phone  (613) 241-7913 ext.401

Cell:     (613) 290-2531

Fax:     (613) 241-7789

twitter account @danstreetyouth

 þwww.ysb.on.ca <http://www.ysb.on.ca/>

<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Youth-Services-Bureau-of-Ottawa-B
ureau-des-services-a-la-jeunesse/140687546265?v=wall&ref=ts> Like us on
Facebook here

<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001Vjt3cCjZco9hl6918cXrWx
Uf_gFzZupdhX1U3pyAaOvWPFsA_F0uJQ%3D%3D+> Sign up for our e-newsletter here

DISCLAIMER:

The information in this email may be confidential and is intended solely for
the use of the named addressee.Access, copying or re-use of the email or any
information contained therein by any other person is not authorized. If you
are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the
email to the originator.