[homeles_ot-l] announcement

Tim Simboli tsimboli at cmhaottawa.ca
Wed Nov 6 12:28:44 EST 2013

Hello,
The Alliance to End Homelessness is pleased to announce the arrival of its new Executive Director, Mike Bulthuis, effective immediately. Over the past ten years, Mike has held a number of positions in the federal public service, focused on the development of social policy, including several years with the federal homelessness office. He has also worked with national partners, including the Caledon Institute, in building dialogue between community and government partners in the delivery of Vibrant Communities, a pan-Canadian community-led poverty reduction initiative. Locally, Mike has worked with Community Health and Resource Centres on the Community Development Framework, with local researchers, and as a community volunteer serving on local boards (if necessary... including the Social Planning Council of Ottawa, the City's Health and Services Advisory Committee and the Vanier Community Association).

Mike can be reached at mike at endhomelessnessottawa.ca<mailto:mike at endhomelessnessottawa.ca>

As communicated to the membership during the summer, Mike's arrival follows the departure of our former Executive Director, Lynne Browne, as she and her husband prepare to move back to Toronto. Since 2004, Lynne's contributions to the Alliance to End Homelessness have been immense, making the Alliance the respected and professional organization that it is today. Lynne will be missed. On behalf of the Board, I wish her and her husband the very best in this next chapter of their lives.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank our outgoing Chair, Dan Sabourin, for his leadership over a two-year term, and in particular, through this staff transition. As the incoming Chair, I look forward to working with my colleagues Lisa Ker (Vice-Chair), Christine Macintosh (Treasurer), Mike Coe (Secretary), Dan Sabourin (Past Chair) and other Board members - along with our many members and supporters. Working together, we will continue to seek the engagement of all orders of government, private and non-profit organizations and the community to generate ideas and solutions that will help end homelessness for individuals and families in our city.

Tim Simboli
Chair, Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa
Executive Director, Canadian Mental Health Association, Ottawa Branch

Tim Simboli   PhD
Executive Director
Canadian Mental Health Association, Ottawa Branch
301-1355 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON       K1H 8K7
613-737-7791 Ext. 249             Fax: 613-737-7644
Email: tsimboli at cmhaottawa.ca<mailto:tsimboli at cmhaottawa.ca>
Website: www.cmhaottawa.ca<http://www.cmhaottawa.ca>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CEDAEB.BC24A150]

Confidentiality Message
This e-mail message is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. Any other person is strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing or reproducing it. If the addressee cannot be reached or is unknown to you, please inform the sender by return e-mail immediately and delete this e-mail message and destroy all copies. Thank you.

Use of e-mail
Our communications to you may contain confidential information.   Please advise if you wish us to use a mode of communication other than regular, unsecured e-mail in our communications with you.
Avis de confidentialité
Ce message, transmis par courriel, est confidentiel et est à l'usage exclusif du destinataire ci-dessus. Toute autre personne est par les présentes avisée qu'il lui est strictement interdit de le diffuser, le distribuer ou le reproduire. Si le destinataire ne peut être joint ou vous est inconnu, veuillez informer l'expéditeur par courrier électronique immédiatement et détruire ce message et toute copie de celui-ci. Merci.

Utilisation du courrier électronique
Nos communications avec vous peuvent contenir des renseignements confidentiels. Si vous désirez que nous communiquions avec vous par un autre moyen de transmission que le courrier électronique ordinaire non sécurisé, veuillez nous en aviser.