[homeles_ot-l] FW: Options Bytown e-Newsletter - Issue 14

Sarah Overvelde sovervelde at optionsbytown.com
Mon Oct 21 14:44:56 EDT 2013

This email contains images, if you can't see them you can view it in your browser<http://www.optionsbytown.com/index.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=archive&task=view&mailid=35&key=984da878ed3cbfe513b2dc947a15f7a7&subid=4-e2a21518fe0ed0cc9b08663d9048e280>.
[Options Bytown Logo]

[e-newsletter]

Issue 14 - October 15, 2013

Amy's Story

[amystory2]Amy Allan moved into Options Bytown in April of this year. She gave a very moving speech at the AGM which gave us a glimpse of her life before she moved here and what being a tenant at Options Bytown means to her. She has agreed to share it with you.

Click here to read her story<http://www.optionsbytown.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=136:amys-stroy&catid=40:homepage-personal-story-tabs>

What has been happening in our community, from beaches,  to bbqs to Thanksgiving dinners ...

It has been a busy summer and fall for the tenants at Options Bytown!

This past July staff had the pleasure of accompanying 25 tenants from Options Bytown and a client from the case management team to Lac Philippe.[2013beachtripbeach]

This annual outing is always an event that tenants look forward to as it is a break for many from the busyness of the city and relax by a lake with access to a beautiful beach and woods filled with nature trails. People enjoyed the swimming, hiking and lunchtime picnic, and many people pitched in to help those with mobility issues face some of the challenges nature can present.

It also created opportunities to speak with tenants who find it easier to connect with others in less formal settings, and to learn more about their interests and ideas.

As always the worry when planning outdoor events is the weather, but luck was on our side that day.

A good time was had by all!

In August tenants, staff and community partners enjoyed delicious bbqs cooked up by our in house bbq chef Clifford Clark!

[2013ob2bbq]On Aug 22nd, 30 tenants and 2 community police officers attended at our Gilmour St. location and on Aug 27th 30 tenants attended at our Cumberland St. Building.

Classic hotdogs and hamburgers with all the trimmings and several other sides were enjoyed by all! What a great way to end the summer…food and great company!

 [2013thanksgivingcollage]

And finally, this year's Thanksgiving Dinner was held on Oct. 4th at both our Cumberland and Gilmour locations.

Wonderful volunteers from Irdeto prepared and served the meal with over 80 tenants enjoying the feast!  A big thank you to all who contributed and helped out.

[footer]