[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: [SDOH] Homelessness & Health in Canada - New Book Available in Open Access

Terrie mocharebyl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 20:03:21 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ryan McNeil <ryan.s.mcneil at gmail.com>
Date: 25 April 2014 19:49
Subject: [SDOH] Homelessness & Health in Canada - New Book Available in
Open Access
To: SDOH at yorku.ca

Dear List Members:

We are pleased to announce that our book, *Homelessness & Health in Canada*,
has been published and is now available in *open access* as part of a new
initiative of the University of Ottawa Press. This is the first edited book
published in Canada exclusively devoted to the health of homeless
populations. Covering a wide range of topics from youth homelessness to
end-of-life care, the individual chapters strive to outline policy and
practice recommendations to respond to this ongoing public health crisis.

This book is divided into three distinct but complimentary sections. In the
first section, contributors explore how homelessness affects the health of
particular homeless populations, focusing on the experiences of homeless
youth, immigrants, refugees and people of Aboriginal ancestry. In the
second section, contributors investigate how housing and public health
policy, as well as programmatic responses, can address various health
challenges experienced by those who are homeless. In the final section,
contributors highlight innovative Canadian interventions that have shown
promise in improving the health of those impacted by homelessness.

You can access this book for *free* in PDF format at the following sites:

*University of Ottawa Press*: http://goo.gl/4tMVHv

*Homeless Hub:* http://goo.gl/oBrGUw

We thank you for your interest in this book and please feel welcome to
freely distribute it. We sincerely hope that the open access option allows
this book to reach as many people as possible, and in particular those
typically unable to access academic literature due to financial and other
barriers.

Warmest regards,
Ryan McNeil

------
Ryan McNeil, PhD
Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research Post-Doctoral Fellow
British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS /
Faculty of Health Sciences, Simon Fraser University
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
email: rmcneil at cfenet.ubc.ca
twitter: @rs_mcneil
 To leave, manage or join list:
https://listserv.yorku.ca/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=sdoh&A=1

--
Terrie ( mocharebyl at gmail.com )
"If you see an injustice being committed, you aren't an observer, you are a