[homeles_ot-l] Petitioning for public toilets in all proposed LRT stations

Pei-Ju Wang peiju.wang at gmail.com
Tue May 13 17:26:41 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Please sign and support a petition to Install clean, open public toilets
that are accessible to persons of all abilities in all proposed LRT
stations in Ottawa: http://ow.ly/wH8tx.

Even though there will be public toilets at each end of the light rail:
Blair and Tunney’s Pasture station, we want more. What if commuters at
stations not near Blair or Tunney’s need to use washrooms? Where can they
go? Learning from our existing bus transit system, we know what it would be
like without clean and accessible washrooms at a LRT station.

In a city such as Ottawa the needs of tourists, outdoor activities of
families, an aging population and people with disabilities, and the need to
ensure effective public health combine, we believe that having clean and
accessible public toilets that are accessible to persons of all abilities
in all proposed LRT stations will encourage its ridership and maintain a
high standard of enjoyment for its riders. By having public toilets at all
LRT stations, the City will also be able to provide its residents job
opportunities in order to keep their cleanness and safety.

Link to the petition: http://ow.ly/wH8tx.

For more info: http://ottawapublictoilets.ca/

Thanks!

Pei-Ju