[homeles_ot-l] Dr. Tim Aubry inducted into the Order of Ottawa

Mike Bulthuis mike at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Thu Nov 13 19:55:27 EST 2014

Mayor Jim Watson today announced the 15 residents who will be inducted into
the Order of Ottawa this year. All are deserving. However, we are
particularly proud of the induction of Dr. Tim Aubry, the Chair of the
Alliance to End Homelessness Research and Evaluation Working Group, and a
Professor in Psychology at the University of Ottawa.

On behalf of the Alliance, congratulations Tim, and sincere thanks for all
of your work towards our shared vision of ending homelessness!

Mike.

Mayor Watson announces 2014 Order of Ottawa inductees

News Release

http://ottawa.ca/en/news/mayor-watson-announces-2014-order-ottawa-inductees

Ottawa - Mayor Jim Watson today announced the 15 residents who will be
inducted into the Order of Ottawa this year, as well as the 2014 recipient
of the Brian Kilrea Award for Excellence in Coaching.

"Inductees into the Order of Ottawa are remarkable residents who are being
honoured for their service to our city through a variety of professional and
civic-oriented endeavours," said Mayor Watson. "I am pleased to celebrate
the contributions of these wonderful people who have made a real difference
in the lives of others in our community."

..

Dr. Tim Aubry

Professor in the School of Psychology, Senior Researcher at the Centre for
Research on Educational and Community Services, and Faculty of Social
Sciences Research Chair in Community Health and Homelessness at the
University of Ottawa, Dr. Aubry has dedicated more than two decades of his
professional life to education and community improvement in the areas of
mental health, homelessness, and social services.

Dr. Aubry has focused his expertise and research on further understanding
the relationship between mental health and homelessness, with the ultimate
goal of developing solutions to help individuals leave homelessness and
achieve social inclusion. He has worked with the Alliance to End
Homelessness in Ottawa and on numerous research projects and has inspired
students to become community leaders and engaged citizens.

Mike Bulthuis

Executive Director

Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa

171 George Street, Ottawa ON K1N 5W5