[homeles_ot-l] Play Soccer and Help the Homeless!

Jawwad Akbari cso.sponsorship at enactusuottawa.ca
Sun Dec 13 13:59:43 EST 2015

Hi Everyone!

Canada Sports Officials (CSO) is an employment and professional development
program that uses the power of sport to provide job opportunities to the
homeless and new immigrants! Launched in March 2015, the program works with
our beneficiaries to train and certify them to be soccer referees in
accordance to FIFA rules.

Following the referee training process, we deliver a series of professional
soft skill, employment, and financial literacy workshops to help them
integrate back into the labor force. Over the course of the past 8 months,
we have trained 12 referees and have helped our beneficiaries transition
from marginalized individuals, to community leaders on the soccer field.

Starting with our first tournament this past summer, we have come a long
way and we are now pleased to announce our next initiative: a corporate
soccer league! This will be a great way for you to get through the winter
blues in a fun, active, and team-oriented environment, and will also
provide a great employment opportunity for our referees.

It is our first ever 10-week soccer league, taking place at the Complexe
Branchaud-Brière sports complex in Gatineau this coming February. The 7 vs.
7 co-ed soccer league will kick off on February 2nd, 2016 and will run
until April 5th, 2016. The league is catered specifically for professionals
in the Ottawa/Gatineau community to come out, play some soccer with their
colleagues, and support a community initiative. Here are some additional
details:

What: 7 vs. 7 co-ed Soccer League (11-14 players)
Where: Complexe Branchaud-Brière –  499 Boulevard Labrosse, Gatineau
When: 10 Weekly games from February 2nd – April 5th
Time: Tuesday nights from 9:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Early bird pricing: $1600 per team
Regular pricing: $1800 per team

In addition to being a great opportunity to help the homeless and support
the community, here are 2 more reasons why the CSO Corporate League should
be your number one choice for soccer this winter:

1: A free CSO jersey for every participant on the team.
2: A free corporate goods goodie-bag filled with discounts at nearby
restaurants, gift cards, and other surprises!

If you are interested in signing up or have any questions or concerns,
please do not hesitate to contact us at cso.bd@ <cso.bd at enactusuottawa.ca>
enactusuottawa.ca <cso.bd at enactusuottawa.ca> or visit our website at
<http://www.cso.enactusuottawa.ca/>www.cso.enactusuottawa.ca

Cheers!