[homeles_ot-l] December 2015 BtB Update

Gina Grosenick coordinator at btbottawa.ca
Mon Dec 21 10:44:24 EST 2015

December 21, 2015

On behalf of the Broadening the Base Core and Leadership Teams, we wish the
best of the holiday season to you and thank you for your support of our
initiative in 2015.  Below, please find an update on BtB activities and an
outlook for moving forward in early 2016.

This update is being received via the Alliance to End Homelessness
listserv.  If you would like to continue receiving BtB updates, please
email Gina Grosenick at coordinator at btbottawa.ca to be added to the
distribution list

*Call for Collaboration:*

In November 2015 we released our first Invitation to Collaborate.  The
invitation invites groups with viable concepts for affordable housing
development to partner with us in 2016 to extend the work of our Design
Circles and share learnings surrounding the feasibility of applying
innovations in affordable housing resource and development partnerships.
The deadline for submissions is January 15, 2016.  More information is
available at: http://btbottawa.ca/index.php/invitation-to-collaborate/

*Community Report/Meeting:*

Earlier this month we hosted a BtB community meeting/report with over 75 in
attendance.  Thanks to all for joining us and your continued interest in
BtB.  In addition to updates on our Core Team and Design Circle activities,
we provided an opportunity for community groups to present their innovative
ideas for affordable housing development for community feedback and
collaboration.  Some great dialogues were initiated and we look forward to
seeing some of the projects come forward in January in response to the
Invitation to Collaborate.

*Support and Funding:*

Broadening the Base continues to expand our base of support within the
community.  Thanks to all for sharing our message with new audiences and
stakeholders.

We continue to explore opportunities to fund BtB administration.  To this
end, submitting applications for foundations and grant programs will be a
priority in 2016.  If you are aware of any opportunities that might align
with the BtB vision and mandate, please contact coordinator at btbottawa.ca

*Design Circles:*
Our Design Circles have been extremely busy over the fall and into the end
of the year, exploring creative opportunities for affordable housing
resources and partnerships.  Our circles shared their activities with the
community at the December 7 meeting.  A copy of the report can be found at:
http://btbottawa.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/December-7-Community-Meeting.pdf
.  If you have any questions about the activities within the various
circles or would like to become involved, please contact
coordinator at btbottawa.ca

*2016 Outlook:*
Our Design Circles will continue to move forward with their work in
2016.  Following
the close of the Invitation to Collaborate in mid-January, BtB and the
Design Circles will be working with identified projects in a shared
learning environment to understand challenges and opportunities for
facilitating new approaches to resources and partnerships.  This process
will be shared widely through our website and community reports/meeting.

Also, in early 2016, our Leadership Team will be meeting to formalize goals
and timelines for moving forward with BtB.  Outcomes of this meeting will
be shared through our website and community reports/meetings.

*Website and Twitter:*
The Broadening the Base website is up and running, as is our twitter
account. Please follow us at btbottawa.ca and @btbottawa and share these
information portals with your networks.

Thank you for your continued support of Broadening the Base.  Should you
have any questions or wish to become more involved, please contact our
coordinator, Gina Grosenick, at  coordinator at btbottawa.ca.

We look forward to an exciting 2016 and to working with all of you to move
our shared vision of increasing the stock of affordable housing for key
vulnerable populations in Ottawa forward.

--
Gina Grosenick, Ph.D.
Coordinator