[homeles_ot-l] Registration Now Open! November 24 Community Forum on Ending Homelessness in Ottawa

Mike Bulthuis mike at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Thu Oct 22 12:03:27 EDT 2015

Registration Now Open!

*12th annual Community Forum on Ending Homelessness in Ottawa*

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 || 8:45 am - 4:15 pm

RA Centre (2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa)

Register: http://www.universe.com/ateh2015forum

*The Alliance to End Homelessness presents the 12th annual Community Forum
on Ending Homelessness in Ottawa. The Forum provides a rich opportunity to
engage with local and national leaders, enabling dialogue between research
and practice. Join us at our Forum as  we grow our collective knowledge to
inform local action and policy - and together take the next step into
Ottawa's own 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness.*
*Morning Keynote Speaker: * *Dr. Travis P. Baggett, MD*

Dr. Travis P Baggett, MD: faculty clinician-investigator in the
Massachusetts General Hospital, Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard
Medical School and a staff physician at the Boston Health Care for the
Homeless Program. Dr. Baggett's research focuses on the health of homeless
people, with an emphasis on addictive behaviors and their medical
consequences in this population. More on Dr. Baggett here.
<http://www.massgeneral.org/primarycare/doctors/doctor.aspx?id=19579>

*Closing Keynote Speaker: * *Leilani Farha, UN Special Rapporteur on
Adequate Housing*

Leilani Farha: Executive Director of the NGO Canada without Poverty and UN
Special Rapporteur on Adequate Housing. A lawyer by training, for the past
20 years Ms. Farha has worked both internationally and domestically on the
implementation of the right to adequate housing for the most marginalized
groups. In her current work she continues to promote a human rights based
approach to poverty. Internationally, Ms. Farha has actively participated
in a number of missions around the world to examine the status of housing
rights and to assist in developing policy responses for the implementation
of these rights. Within the UN human rights system, she helped spearhead
the first resolution regarding women and the right to adequate housing. Ms.
Farha has also undertaken numerous consultancies related to housing rights;
she has appeared before various UN human rights mechanisms to address
economic, social and cultural rights issues; and she was a member of the
Advisory Group on Forced Evictions for UNHabitat.

*The Program also includes a plenary panel discussion, Table Talks and
poster presentations, and a number of concurrent sessions in the afternoon
from which participants will be able to choose.*

*Register: http://www.universe.com/ateh2015forum
<http://www.universe.com/ateh2015forum> * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*ALSO: Our Call for Table Talks and Poster Presentations is still open:
http://endhomelessnessottawa.ca/call-for-table-talks-poster-presentations-november-24-community-forum/
<http://endhomelessnessottawa.ca/call-for-table-talks-poster-presentations-november-24-community-forum/>*

--
*Mike Bulthuis*