[homeles_ot-l] Educate the Educators 2015 Forum - November 12

Caleb Chepesiuk caleb at aco-cso.ca
Tue Oct 27 15:50:55 EDT 2015

*Please share widely*
The Educate the Educators forum aims to inform harm reduction and related policies and programs.  Join us for a day of growth and info-sharing, through connecting our lived experiences and gathered knowledge.  This peer-driven event is organized to affirm the good work being done, challenge the barriers that we face, highlight innovations in harm reduction services, and demonstrate how 'Nothing About Us Without Us' is the future.

Educate the Educators Forum  (agenda below)
Thursday November 12, 2015
9:30 - 4:00
1064 Wellington Street West, Hintonburg Community Centre
Free. Lunch provided.
Registration is not necessary to attend, but it does help us plan food and know what agencies professionals attending the event are from.
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/educate-the-educators-forum-tickets-19087939541
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/740650956041286/

Contact us if you have any questions about transportation support: Caleb 613.238.5014 x252 Claire 613.238.5014 x235

**Do you have a peer-based project/program on substance use, harm reduction or related issue?  Bring us some posters for our display!  At the event there will be a table highlighting programs around the city, in case there's anything you would like to promote.

Tentative Agenda:

9:30am  -  Coffee

10:00am  -  The new Hepatitis C Treatment: Info and Experience

                              Lynn Vignola RN, Coordinator, The Ottawa Hospital and Regional Hepatitis Program

                              TBA

11:00am  -  Break

11:15am -  Drug Checking Services

                              Julie-Soleil Meeson, Director, GRIP Montreal

                              TBA

12:15pm  -  Lunch

1:00pm -  TBA

1:30pm  -  Multiple Loss Journey

                              Anna Demetrakopoulos, Support Coordinator - AIDS Bereavement and Resiliency Program of Ontario

                              TBA

3:00pm  -  Break

3:15pm  -  Essential Tools and Resources Overview & Closing

                              Anna Demetrakopoulos, Support Coordinator - AIDS Bereavement and Resiliency Program of Ontario

3:45pm  -  End

Thanks!

Caleb Chepesiuk
Harm Reduction Program Coordinator
AIDS Committee of Ottawa
19 Main Street
Ottawa, ON K1S 1A9
Ph: (613) 238-5014 x 252
Fax: (613) 238-3425

Educate the Eductors 2015 - November 12 - https://www.facebook.com/events/740650956041286/

ACOXXX - Interactive, multi-platform initiative marking 30 years of HIV/AIDS history in Ottawa - http://aco-xxx.ca

Please note that I am not in the office on Fridays.
Veuillez noter que je ne suis pas au bureau les vendredis