[homeles_ot-l] We Need You! Help make September 27 a day to remember

Mike Bulthuis mike at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Fri Aug 12 14:44:44 EDT 2016

*We need volunteers! *
*Help make September 27 a day to remember*

Would you like to partner with young people and other community voices here
in Ottawa to prevent and end youth homelessness in Ottawa? As we prepare
for key events on September 27, *A Way Home Ottawa* invites your
involvement; *we need you*!

*A Way Home Ottawa <http://endhomelessnessottawa.ca/a-way-home-ottawa/>* is
a youth-driven, local coalition convened by the Alliance - and involving
many Alliance member and partner agencies - working to prevent and end
youth homelessness in Ottawa.

The coalition is developing an integrated community strategy aimed at
better responding to youth who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness.
And, following months of consultations - speaking with over 70 youth with
lived experience, and over 50 adult allies serving youth - A Way Home
Ottawa will share its findings, and identify the community's priorities
that lie ahead.

This is all happening on September 27, at a community-wide barbecue on the
grounds of City Hall. We need you to help make this happen!

What's more? On the same day, Joe Roberts takes the *Push for Change
<http://www.thepushforchange.com/>* to Ottawa. The Push for Change is a
walk across Canada to support the end of youth homelessness. Having begun
in St. John's on May 1, and ending in Vancouver 517 days later, Joe is
pushing a cart across Canada to share the message that we can end youth
homelessness. As of today, day 104, Joe has walked over 2000 km - with
"just" over 7000 to go. On September 27, Joe takes his campaign and inspiring
message <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWnW5bAouCw&feature=youtu.be> to
Ottawa, and to our community barbecue. You can read and view more about the
campaign here: http://www.thepushforchange.com/news-coverage/

*What do we need? *

We need your help to make September 27 a day we'll remember - a day our
community comes together to commit ourselves to ending youth homelessness.
Specifically, we need assistance with:

   - event logistics
   - running the barbecue (grilling, food preparation / service)
   - promoting the event and *A Way Home Ottawa* (writers, website support,
   flyer prep)
   - food contributions / sponsorships
   - idea generators

*Want to be volunteer? *
*Please contact the Alliance, noting how you'd like to support this event /
initiative: *
*info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca <info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca> *

*Together, we can prevent and end youth homelessness!*

--
*Mike Bulthuis*
Executive Director

*Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa*