[homeles_ot-l] premature ageing and chronic homelessness

Mike Bulthuis mike at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Fri Mar 4 12:29:15 EST 2016

*FYI - the following research initiative, regarding premature ageing and
chronic homelessness, may be of interest to members of the listserv....*
(original email below)

Hi there, my name is Edward Bullitis from Adelaide, Australia.

I am requesting your assistance to connect with relevant professionals and
services across Canada involved with individuals experiencing chronic
homelessness and premature ageing (45 -64 years of age and not eligible for
aged care services, although I recognise that this may overlap with
Services for Seniors in Canada and would welcome contact from
services/professionals in this areas).

I was fortunate to have been awarded an Australian Churchill Fellowship
which has provided me the opportunity to travel internationally to
investigate and research this topic during 2016. The area of premature
ageing and chronic homelessness has had limited service development in
Australia and I am very keen to enhance my understanding and share any
knowledge gained.

Thus I am eager to make contact with professionals and services who are
involved in this area. This may be through direct service provision,
outreach services, accommodation/housing models or research.

My plan is to be in Canada in July and I would like to establish a schedule
of visits well in advance of my departure. If you could suggest the names
of professionals, agencies or services (or their links), which I could then
follow up, that would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to any

Kind Regards
Dr Edward Bullitis
Edward.Bullitis at sa.gov.au

--