[homeles_ot-l] Lowdown Tracks: Free screening of doc - Wed Apr 5 at Arts Court Theatre.

Mike Bulthuis mike at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Mon Apr 3 17:06:17 EDT 2017

*LOWDOWN TRACKS: Wednesday, at Arts Court Theatre *

Carleton Cinema Politica is proud to present, in association with the
Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa and The Wrench, the award-winning film
Lowdown Tracks on April 5th, 2017.

Inspired by depression-era folk songs, filmmaker Shelley Saywell and singer
and activist Lorraine Segato set out to document the music and stories of
those who live on the margins of society and bare their souls through their
songs on the streets of Toronto. They have created Lowdown Tracks, an
acclaimed documentary film, celebrating the music and stories of those
living on the margins.

*Voted top Canadian Audience Choice award at Hot Docs in 2015! *

As our homeless crisis grows, life on the margins threatens more and more
people. The causes, from abuse to mental health to simple bad luck, are all
touched on in the film. At its heart, Lowdown Tracks is about bringing into
focus the heartache and the beautiful potential we should see when we walk
by someone on the street. In the end, it is a celebration of the power of
music and survival.

“Lowdown Tracks is so important because it injects hope, purpose and
creates a sense of urgency to the work we’re doing and rallies people to
take action. And action is the name of the game. The 20,000 Homes campaign
is a catalyst for action. Lowdown Tracks is the spark.” - Tim Richter
(President & CEO Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness & 20,000 Homes
Campaign)

Lowdown Tracks dir. Shelley Saywell | Canada | 2015 | 86 mins

*Lowdown Tracks will be screening April 5th, 2017 at 7PM at Arts Court
Theatre. FREE ENTRY.
<https://www.facebook.com/events/720541571448949/permalink/723513897818383/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular&action_history=[%7B%22surface%22%3A%22newsfeed%22%2C%22mechanism%22%3A%22feed_story%22%2C%22extra_data%22%3A[]%7D]>*
Pay-What-You-Can | donations are welcome | CDs will be available for
purchase *Lowdown Tracks is co-presented by the Alliance to End
Homelessness Ottawa*

--
*Mike Bulthuis*
Executive Director