[homeles_ot-l] "It takes a nation" Mental Health for All Conference 2017 - Please submit abstracts by Feb. 24

Linda O'Neil loneil at cmhaottawa.ca
Wed Feb 8 10:12:54 EST 2017

Change is in the air for mental health in Canada - you can feel it. But it will take the entire nation to harness those winds of change and make it real.
That's why the theme of the second annual MH4A Conference 2017 is It takes a nation.
Here's what we mean: we mean that mental health transformation requires the whole of government and the whole of Canada to implement solutions to problems that are already well understood. We mean that transforming our mental health response isn't just about Health. It's about investments in housing through social infrastructure; it's about a continuum of employment supports. It's about promoting mental health in schools and in workplaces. And it is about addressing the needs and leveraging the strengths of our diverse population.
So while we're calling on all governments for leadership and action, including proportional investment, we're also calling out to you: to people with lived experience, people providing services on the frontlines and in your offices, researchers, policy and decision-makers, and funders.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has a mental health agenda. He included specific mental health deliverables in several Ministers' mandate letters and, in others, he has mandated action to address the social determinants of health. We're organizing our conference streams to align with Federal priorities included in Ministerial mandate letters and to highlight and showcase how comprehensive and meaningful change can be accomplished when we put our minds together.
Submit your abstract<http://www.innovative4you.com/MH4A2017CallforAbstracts.htm> before February 24, 2017 and plan to attend MH4A 2017 on September 18-20.

Linda O'Neil
Public Education Consultant
Conseillère en éducation communautaire

Capacity Building and Education Division
Division de l'éducation et la mobilisation communautaire

Canadian Mental Health Association, Ottawa Branch
Association canadienne pour la santé mentale, Section d'Ottawa
301-1355 rue Bank Street, Ottawa, ON    K1H 8K7
Tel: 613-737-7791 Ext. 135     Fax: 613-737-7644   Cell: 613-552-4505
Email: loneil at cmhaottawa.ca<mailto:loneil at cmhaottawa.ca> Website: ottawa.cmha.ca<http://www.cmhaottawa.ca/>

[accredsig.png]