[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: Community consultation - Ottawa Sanctuary City - March 1st, 2017

Sanctuary City Ottawa Ville Sanctuaire ottawasanctuarycitynetwork at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:43:50 EST 2017

Hello to all,

See invitation below for meeting on Wednesday. Please distribute to any
other Ottawa service provider who might be interested.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Refugee613 Info <info at refugee613.ca>
Date: Thu, Feb 23, 2017, 2:01 PM
Subject: Ottawa Sanctuary City - March 1st, 2017

Dear Friends,

You are invited to a *community consultation with community stakeholders
and service providers* on the *Sanctuary City Ottawa campaign* on*Wednesday*
, *March 1 from 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM at the OCISO Community Room at 945
Wellington Ave West.*

As you may have heard, there are ongoing discussions at City Council to
declare Ottawa a Sanctuary City. Also, at our February 6 meeting, the
Stakeholder Table of Refugee 613 voted unanimously to support the sanctuary
city policy in principle and gave Refugee 613 staff the mandate to work
with partners to advocate for it. Since then, the City of Montreal
unanimously voted to join other Canadian cities (including Toronto,
Hamilton and London) to become a sanctuary city, giving added momentum to
this movement.

We know there is some confusion about the concept of sanctuary city and
what it would look like in practice. So as a first step, Refugee 613 is
hosting this information session to give our partners in refugee
resettlement the opportunity to learn more about the concept, why it is
needed, what it means for our community and how you or your organization
can be involved.

Ottawa Sanctuary City campaign organizers will be there to answer your
questions and provide an update on the status of the campaign.

Space is limited, so please RSVP by registering here
<https://www.picatic.com/sanctuarycityottawaqna>, by Tuesday February 28.

*Please note that this consultation is open to only non-government
stakeholders from Refugee 613, and any ISOs and service providers in
Ottawa. In order to create a space where service providers may speak
freely, this information session is not open to the public, media or
government representatives.*

We hope you can join us!

Warm wishes,

Louisa

[image:
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0ByiKoI5TTFLsZkNsZFgwRlZzM2c&export=download]

[image:
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0ByiKoI5TTFLsZndMbldSZWZSNEU&export=download]
---------
Ottawa Sanctuary City Network
Réseau pour une ville sanctuaire à Ottawa
Email: ottawasanctuarycitynetwork at gmail.com
Web: http://ottawasanctuarycity.ca/

Send us an email to be added to our mailing list! -- Envoyez-nous un
courriel pour qu'on vous ajoute à notre liste d'envoi!