[homeles_ot-l] FW: Invitation & Media Release: FREE Screening of Documentary Lowdown Tracks

Linda O'Neil loneil at cmhaottawa.ca
Thu Mar 30 12:09:15 EDT 2017

From: Emily Ramsay [mailto:emm.rams at gmail.com]
Sent: March-30-17 11:56 AM
To: carleton at cinemapolitica.org<mailto:carleton at cinemapolitica.org>
Subject: Invitation & Media Release: FREE Screening of Documentary Lowdown Tracks

Dear Friends,

You are invited to the upcoming free screening of the award winning documentary Lowdown Tracks, taking place at Arts Court Theatre<http://artscourt.ca/contact-us/> (2 Daly Ave. 2nd floor) on Wednesday April 5th at 7:00pm (doors at 6:30pm), and co-presented by the Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa<http://endhomelessnessottawa.ca>, The Wrench<http://ottawawrench.ca> and Carleton Cinema Politica<http://cinemapolitica.org/carleton>. Please find our Media Press Release and Poster attached below.

Lowdown Tracks is a new and acclaimed documentary film that celebrates the music and stories of those living on the margins of Canadian society. Voted top Canadian Audience Choice award at Hot Docs in 2015, Lowdown Tracks has been identified as a highly effective call to action, addressing mental health stigma and issues of homelessness in Canada. The film’s main subjects are talented street musicians and the face of some of Canada’s most vulnerable individuals.

As our homeless crisis grows, life on the margins threatens more and more people. The causes, from abuse to mental health to simple bad luck, are all touched on in the film. At its heart, Lowdown Tracks is about bringing into focus the heartache and the beautiful potential we should see when we walk by someone on the street. In the end, it is a celebration of the power of music and survival.

Written and directed by Emmy award winner Shelley Saywell, of Bishari Films, Lowdown Tracks has been hailed as:

'Positively brilliant group profile.'
​-- ​
James Bawden
'Inspiring
​
​ --​
Toronto Star
'Heartbreaking... the talent is wondrous.'
​-- ​
NOW Magazine

'Lowdown Tracks is so important because it injects hope, purpose and a critical sense of urgency to the work we are doing and rallies people to take action." --Tim Richter, President & CEO, Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness.

​Please feel free to share this event, the media release and poster with your colleagues, friends, family and supporters on the front line. ​
Check out our Facebook event and RSVP here:
www.facebook.com/events/720541571448949/<https://www.facebook.com/events/720541571448949/​%20​>
​
​This screening is FREE, donations are welcome, none will be turned away.​ Please contact us concerning accessibility due to Arts Court's ongoing construction and revitalization.

We hope to see you there!

All the best,

Emily Ramsay
Coordinator

Carleton Cinema Politica
cinemapolitica.org/Carleton<http://cinemapolitica.org/Carleton>

​-----​

​Carleton Cinema Politica<http://cinemapolitica.org/carleton>​ aims to educate, enlighten and inspire individuals using progressive documentary films that cover a wide variety of social, political and environmental themes.

We are committed to raising awareness about pressing contemporary issues, inspiring activism in relation to these issues, and promoting independent media and political arts. In addition to screening a wide range of films, we also invite guest speakers to complement screenings while answering questions and facilitating discussions.