[homeles_ot-l] poster Bronson Centre Board Invitation

Julianna Foster julianna.foster at cornerstonewomen.ca
Tue Oct 24 08:53:33 EDT 2017

Hello Everyone

Please see the invitation below for the Bronson Centre Open House on November 8, and RSVP.

Best regards,

[cid:image007.jpg at 01D34CA5.8AD201D0]<http://www.cornerstonewomen.ca/>

Julianna Foster
Administrator
314 Booth Street, Ottawa ON K1R 7K2
Tel: 613-254-6584, Ext. 502 | Fax: 613-234-6213

www.cornerstonewomen.ca<http://www.cornerstonewomen.ca>
[http://ottawa.anglican.ca/cornerstone/images/facebook-bar.jpg]<http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cornerstone-Housing-for-Women/103348133082812>                 Like us on Facebook

Choose Hope!
Support Cornerstone Housing for Women

Dear Invitee,

I would like to request that yourself and a guest of your choice attend our Bronson Centre Open House on the evening of Wednesday November 8, 2017.  Doors open at 5 p.m.  Short presentations begin at 6 p.m.  The ceremony will be over by 6:45 p.m. This event is by special invitation only.  I specifically want to bring attention to our cultural facilities, related infrastructure, and the successful purchase of the property in June 2017.  Bronson Centre is only asking that you attend the event, with an eye to opportunities for long term cooperation, sponsorship, or partnership in ongoing business development of the facility and organization. We are a very special, uniquely charitable social enterprise.  We depend on no taxpayer dollars to operate Bronson Centre.  In our twenty years, we have never run a deficit budget.  We do solicit occasional one time, publicly funded grants as contributions to maintenance of our building.  However, now that we are charitable owners of the property, new challenges lie ahead for our 45,000 square foot facility. Bronson Centre, a registered charity, has now provided 20 years of service to the residents of Ottawa and the Eastern Ontario Region.  Our mission is to provide affordable space to not-for-profit organizations who in turn serve the needy and poor.  The quality and character of services provided through the Bronson Centre make a unique contribution to Ottawa.  We intend to continue our services for many years to come. Many know us as the go-to place for indie and alt music concerts.  We are also a rehearsal space for organizations like Souper Jazz and the Ottawa Community Concert Band.  We have been steadily upgrading our 850 seat theatre and 200 capacity community hall (with commercial kitchen).  What many do not know, is that revenues generated from our cultural facilities directly help maintain affordable rents for our 40 permanent not-for-profit tenants.   These  include Orkidstra, H’Art of Ottawa, the Elizabeth Fry Society, the Brain Injury Association, Psychiatric Survivors, Bereavement Ottawa, the Dalhousie Food Bank and many more.    Together,  we serve over 20,000 persons every month who otherwise would have no place to go. Please consider joining us on November 8th.  We will be inviting representatives from diverse sectors of Ottawa’s cultural, business and service communities.

Sincerely,
Your name

Mr. Corey Mayville
Executive Director
Bronson Centre
211 Bronson Avenue<https://maps.google.com/?q=211+Bronson+Avenue%0D+Ottawa,+Ontario.+K1R+6H5&entry=gmail&source=g>
Ottawa, Ontario. K1R 6H5<https://maps.google.com/?q=211+Bronson+Avenue%0D+Ottawa,+Ontario.+K1R+6H5&entry=gmail&source=g>
(w)613-237-5550, ext. 227<tel:(613)%20237-5550>
(f)613-237-4874<tel:(613)%20237-4874>
www.bronsoncentre.ca<http://www.bronsoncentre.ca/>

[cid:FF7A555F-F4FE-4836-AEE0-6647779B4B00]