[homeles_ot-l] Ottawa Hospital Online service that lets you see your medical and personal health information

Linda O'Neil loneil at cmhaottawa.ca
Wed Jan 17 12:26:56 EST 2018

If you know any clients of the Ottawa Hospital (Ottawa, Civic or Riverside campus) here's a great resource they can access. It's easy to sign up for. Please don't contact me with questions as this was just forwarded to me and I'm unfortunately unable to answer them. Just follow the instructions at the end of the message
- Linda O'Neil

MyChart is a secure online service that lets you see your medical and personal health information from wherever you are, at any time. This helps you keep an eye on your health status and make informed decisions.
MyChart allows you to:

  *   Read your test results, progress notes, discharge notes, medical imaging reports and more.
  *   Share your records with friends or family (those you allow).
  *   Record your health measurements, such as blood pressure or weight.
How long before you see the results?
Doctors and nurses need enough time to contact patients about sensitive test results before they are displayed in MyChart. Some records are delayed, even after the results are final.
Lab and microbiology

No delay

Pathology and medical imaging reports

15 days

Notes about surgery

7 days

Other records

No delay

Ready to start?
To sign up for MyChart, you first need a valid email account.  Then you need to enroll in MyChart and get a PIN (personal identification number). There are two ways to do this:

  1.  At your next visit, ask the clerk to enroll you.
  2.  Visit the Health Records Department at the General, Civic, or Riverside campuses in person or call 613-737-8800.
Please do not share your PIN with anyone. Use your PIN to set up a username and password for your free MyChart account at www.mychart.ca<http://www.mychart.ca/>. Be sure to enter your first and last names exactly as they are written on your Ontario Health Card or hospital green card.

This email has been sent to an informal "Consumer and Family" mailing list whose members have indicated an interest in receiving such messages . If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please contact me. - Linda O.

Linda O'Neil, B. Journalism
Linda O'Neil
Public Education Consultant
Conseillère en éducation communautair

Canadian Mental Health Association, Ottawa Branch
Association canadienne pour la santé mentale, Section d'Ottawa
301-1355 rue Bank Street, Ottawa, ON    K1H 8K7
Tel: 613-737-7791 Ext. 135     Fax: 613-737-7644   Cell: 613-552-4505
Email: loneil at cmhaottawa.ca<mailto:loneil at cmhaottawa.ca> Website: ottawa.cmha.ca<http://ottawa.cmha.ca/>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D38F8E.0C146EB0]