[homeles_ot-l] Message to Members

Alliance To End Homelessness info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Mon Aug 12 15:26:05 EDT 2019

Dear Alliance members,

We’re writing today to provide an update on the staffing of the Executive
Director position left vacant upon Kristen Holinsky’s departure.

As many of you know, we are currently undertaking a strategic planning
process that will inform the next five years of the Alliance’s work. We
have therefore decided to suspend hiring for the Executive Director
position until this process is complete. We’ll use this time to think about
how to structure the ED position and staffing of the Alliance as a whole
moving forward in accordance with our updated strategic goals.

While we believe this is in the best interests of the organization, we
recognize that there is still ongoing work to be done to maintain the
Alliance’s presence in the community. For this reason, we are happy to
share that Emilie Hayes, an Alliance board member and current Community
Engagement Manager & Community Developer for Somerset West Community Health
Centre, has agreed to take over these Alliance functions on a part-time
basis beginning September 23 until the end of February. Emilie will be
working 2.5 days per week to ensure the Alliance to End Homelessness is
able to continue its vital advocacy.

We hope you’ll join us in extending a warm welcome to Emilie, and we look
forward to sharing our strategic planning progress with you in the months
to come.

Sincerely,

Deirdre Freiheit, Chair

Catharine Vandelinde, Vice-Chair