[homeles_ot-l] Building community-university research and teaching collaborations: Carleton U

Jackie Kennelly JacquelineKennelly at cunet.carleton.ca
Thu Mar 21 11:59:19 EDT 2019

The countdown is on to the Community Connections Event next Wednesday March 27, 8:30-1pm in MacOdrum Library at Carleton University. We have a variety of workshops related to community-campus engagement. See the bottom of this message for the list of topics and facilitators. Each workshop also has a mix of community, faculty, and student resource people to contribute to discussion. We have strong student interest, but still need to shore up community participation in some workshops. I encourage you to forward this message to colleagues and especially external partners who might be interested in the topics below, and to ask them to register through the link provided.  Space is limited to 120 participants so I encourage you to register ASAP.
[X]

Thank you
Peter Andree
Carleton Committee on Community Engaged Pedagogy

[cid:169a0f6b33c855d351]

Do you have an interest in community-campus engagement for research, teaching,
community development, learning or building your networks? We have the event for you!

Join us for a morning of networking to see how you can tap into the resources
available and create a community partnership at Carleton!

This is a free event open to all. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.

Wednesday, March 27
8:30am – 1:00pm
Discovery Centre
Fourth floor MacOdrum Library

Please register to attend by clicking here<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/5th-annual-carleton-u-community-connections/>.

[cid:image002.png at 01D4DF33.FE065120]

Community Connections workshop topics and facilitators:
Heritage: Monica Ferguson<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/monica-ferguson/>, Professor Susan Ross
Renewable Energy & Sustainability: Professor Lisa Meyer<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/lisa-meyer/>, Mary Hegan
Health Promotion: Professor Sonia Gulati, Professor Renate Ysseldyk
Accessibility: Professor Adrian Chan<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/adrian-chan/>, Boris Vukovic
Social Justice: Professor Jackie Kennelly and Professor Deborah Conners<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/deborah-conners/>
Policing & Community Safety: Professor Craig Bennell<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/craig-bennell/>, Simon Baldwin, RCMP
Indigenous community-university partnerships: Professor Daniel Buckles<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/daniel-buckles/>
Food Systems: Professor Patricia Ballamingie<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/patricia-ballamingie/>
Data Analytics: Professor Nathan Grasse<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/nathan-grasse/> and Professor Tracy Lauriault
Education City: Former Carleton Interim President Professor Alastair Summerlee<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/alastair-summerlee/>
Community Engagement via Science Outreach at Carleton: Using Magic, Butterflies, and Coffee to Build New Bridges and Open Hidden Doors: Professor Jeff Manthorpe<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/jeff-manthorpe/> and colleagues
Student Pathways to Community Engagement: Chiara Webb<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/chiara-webb/>, Kirpa Grewal, Danette Nearing-Guiboard<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/danette-nearing-guibord/>
International Experience: Heloise Emdon<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/heloise-emdon/>, Chau Hoang, Heba Elbat<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/heba-elbat/>, Holly Moore
Producing videos with community partners: Nicole Bedford<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/nicole-bedford/>, CFICE
Carleton’s new online Community Based Research toolkit: Tara McWhinney
Carleton’s online portal for community engagement: Ryan Davies, Carleton Advancement
Carleton’s Indigenous Strategy: Professor Kahente Horn Miller
Involving community partners and other external resources in classrooms: Professor Mukhtar Hajizada<https://carleton.ca/communityengagement/people/mukhtar-hajizada/>

Dr. Jacqueline Kennelly
Associate Professor, Dept of Sociology & Anthropology
Carleton University
Loeb B743, 1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, ON    K1S 5B6
(+1) 613-520-2600 x8103