[homeles_ot-l] Update from the Alliance

Kaite Burkholder Harris kaite at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Wed Mar 18 14:23:50 EDT 2020

Hello Everyone,

I hope that you are well in the midst of the changing environment this
week. This is my first week as the new Executive Director of the Alliance
and I look forward to working with all of you who support people who are
homeless or at risk of homelessness. I wanted to reach out and share a few
key points for how we want to support you in the coming weeks:

1) Given how much information is coming to people at this time, we will *only
be using the Alliance List_Serv **for COVID-19 updates* concerning the
homelessness sector, and defer other messages until further notice.

2) Many of you are working around the clock to support people in our
community and *if the Alliance can share information* about available
services on your behalf,* please let us know by emailing
homeles_ot-l at list.web.net <homeles_ot-l at list.web.net>.*

3) As specific needs emerge through this time, *please let us know how we
can advocate with and for you*, using the collective voice of the sector.

We are already seeing the practical ways that community is coming together
to support each other, including sharing resources and offering social
support in new ways and I look forward to working together over the weeks
and months ahead.

Take good care,

Kaite

Kaite Burkholder Harris
Executive Director
Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa

[image: Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa]