[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: Make Transit Permanently Free Starting with OW and ODSP Recipients

Alliance To End Homelessness info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Wed Dec 1 14:57:52 EST 2021

FYI:

Dear Friends,

Free Transit Ottawa welcomes the arrival of free transit for all of Ottawa
for the month of December.   Of course, we think this should be permanent –
beginning with OW and ODSP recipients.  We will be taking this message to
as many bus and LRT stops as we can this month, asking people to
demonstrate their support for it by endorsing the letter to the City
requesting that it provide free transit for OW and ODSP recipients
permanently.  We are also circulating it online [attached].

We would be very grateful if you would share this message as widely as you
can.  Those of you who have already encouraged your members/supporters to
sign the letter to the City might hesitate to ask them a second time, but
we’ve learned that a gentle reminder to busy people is often appreciated.

Warmly

Donald Swartz [for Free Transit Ottawa]

--

Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa