[homeles_ot-l] Study on COVID-19 and Homelessness

Benjamin Roebuck roebucb1 at algonquincollege.com
Mon Dec 6 16:25:43 EST 2021

The Alliance to End Homelessness has partnered with researchers from the Victimology Research Centre at Algonquin College to better understand how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the homelessness sector in Ottawa. The research is funded by SSHRC and has received ethics approval from Algonquin College, with secondary approval from Carleton University.

Phase 1 of the study has just been completed and involved interviews with service providers about system responses to homelessness.

Our Request

Phase 2 will include a survey, interviews, and focus groups with people who have experienced homelessness during the pandemic. Interviews and focus groups will be co-facilitated with peer researchers who have undertaken facilitator training.

We would greatly appreciate it if you would consider hanging our recruitment poster in your drop-in space, and/or posting it to your social media.

If you would like us to drop off hard copies of the poster or if you have a space on-site where we could conduct interviews, please email our centre: vrc at algonquincollege.com

The poster is attached here as PDF and provided as a PNG.

Thank you for all you are doing to support people through the pandemic.

[cid:7f4f9222-d377-447a-9942-52069ec7c427]

Benjamin Roebuck​

Research Chair & Professor of Victimology, PhD

Victimology Research Centre

Pronouns: he/him

T 613.727.4723 x 6328

Algonquin College | 1385 Woodroffe Avenue | Ottawa | ON | K2G 1V8 | Canada

Co-author of Staying Alive While Living the Life: Adversity, Strength, and Resilience in the Lives of Homeless Youth<https://fernwoodpublishing.ca/book/staying-alive-while-living-the-life>

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional and unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishnaabeg people.