[homeles_ot-l] Reminder - Register for Friday's virtual book launch on homelessness

conniewoloschuk at xplornet.com conniewoloschuk at xplornet.com
Wed Feb 10 10:03:52 EST 2021

It's not too late to register!

 	* Virtual book launch and panel discussion of _A Complex Exile:
Homelessness and Social Exclusion in Canada_ (UBC Press)
 	* Friday, February 12, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
 	* Authored by Dr. Erin Dej, a former Board member at The Ottawa
Mission

https://wlu.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3BQ3byPLCzd7oTs [1]

Wilfrid Laurier University is hosting a virtual book launch and panel
discussion for Dr. Erin Dej's recently published _A Complex Exile:
Homelessness and Social Exclusion in Canada_ (UBC Press). Much of the
research was done in Ottawa.

The panel will dive into the book's key findings, discuss how social
systems reinforce exclusion, and talk about how we can transform our
collective imagination around our response to homelessness. We are
extremely fortunate to have panelists with diverse backgrounds who will
offer insights from those perspectives:

 	* Fayyaz Samji - Manager of Research and Evaluation, 360°kids
 	* Michael Mair - Homelessness Advocate, Toronto

	* Naomi Nichols - Canada Research Chair, Community-Partnered Social
Justice

Join this event on Friday, Feb. 12th from 1:00-2:30 p.m.

This event will be held over Zoom and participants who register will be
sent a Zoom invitation 2-3 days prior to February 12.

Register here:

https://wlu.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3BQ3byPLCzd7oTs [1]

Links:
------