[homeles_ot-l] Housing Emergency Social Media Blitz

Alliance To End Homelessness info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Thu Jan 28 18:08:26 EST 2021

Hello,

Tomorrow, Friday, January 29th marks one year since Ottawa City Council
passed a motion to declare a Housing and Homelessness Emergency. As we are
in the third wave of COVID, preventing and ending homelessness has never
been more urgent.

To mark this day and raise awareness about the lack of affordable housing in
our community, the Alliance to End Homelessness is holding a *social
media blitz from
11:00 am. - 1:00 pm*, with a focus on preventing evictions due to
COVID-related rent arrears accrued over the pandemic. We know this is a
significant concern locally and across the Province and are advocating to
the provincial government to prevent COVID-related evictions through rent
arrears repayment.

Our two calls to action include:

1. Sign this petition <https://act.newmode.net/action/stop-unsafe-evictions> to
the Province to stop unsafe evictions.
2. Spread the word
<https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/housing-emergency> about
homelessness in our community and existing financial resources to prevent
evictions for people in arrears.

We invite
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/housing-emergency-social-media-blitz-tickets-138627999077>
 you to join tomorrow's Social Media Blitz and share with your networks.

*Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa*
22 O'Meara Street, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4N6
info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca