[homeles_ot-l] Report Your Renoviction - Survey Launch!

Alliance To End Homelessness info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Mon Nov 22 12:40:55 EST 2021

[image: image.png]

Today is National Housing Day and we know that stopping the loss of
existing affordable housing is a crucial part of solving the housing and
homelessness crisis.

We have heard from partners in Ottawa and across the province that stories
of renovictions are increasing, specifically illegal ones, where tenants
are pushed out without being informed of their rights. But there is little
data on this.

This morning the Alliance is launching a provincial-wide survey on illegal
renovictions to gather data on this important issue. We want to use the
Report Your Renoviction survey
<https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/ReportYourRenoviction> to gather data
we can use to advocate for better housing policy to protect tenants from
illegal renovictions.

We ask that you help us in the following ways:

   -

   Spread the word to your networks and mailing lists.
   -

   Ask people who may have been affected to fill out the survey
   <https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/ReportYourRenoviction> (or fill
   out with them).

Thank you for helping us gather the data needed to build better housing
policy, and support people to stay housed.

--

Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa
22 O’Meara St, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4N6