[homeles_ot-l] #StartsWithHome Talks: Register today!

Alliance To End Homelessness info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Tue Apr 5 13:27:14 EDT 2022

[image: image.png]
*#StartsWithHome Talks: How we can stop the loss of affordable housing in
Ottawa* <https://www.startswithhome.ca/stopthelosspanel>

*Join us April 20th, 7:00 - 9:30 pm on Zoom*

Click here to register. <https://www.startswithhome.ca/events>

In Ottawa, we lose 7 affordable units for every 1 that is built. Here in
the capital and across Canada, housing has become a commodity rather than a
basic need, resulting in tenant displacement to make way for higher paying
tenants. Stopping the loss of affordable housing is as critical as building
more to solve the housing crisis.

As part of the ##StartsWithHome <https://www.startswithhome.ca/> campaign,
join the University of Ottawa’s Centre for Research on Education and
Community Services (CRECS) <https://crecs.uottawa.ca/> and the Alliance to
End Homelessness Ottawa <http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/> to learn
more about this important issue and what we can do to reverse this trend.

Join us to hear from:

   - Sahar Raza - Project Manager of the National Right to Housing Network
   - John Redin - advocate and former tenant of Herongate - a community
   that experienced one of the largest mass evictions in Canada
   - Benoit Langevin - Montreal City Councillor involved in developing
   recent legislation to tackle this challenge at the local level.

--

Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa
22 O’Meara St, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4N6