[homeles_ot-l] Endorse the Starts With Home Campaign!

Alliance To End Homelessness info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Wed Feb 16 08:00:00 EST 2022

[image: image.png]

Today is the launch of the Starts With Home <https://www.startswithhome.ca/>
campaign!

Starts With Home is a city-wide non-partisan campaign aiming to build
strong public support for Ottawa’s next City Council to take concrete
action to solve the housing affordability crisis. You can read the platform
here. <https://www.startswithhome.ca/platform> We’re launching with
100 organizations
endorsing and we’re just getting started.

Our goal is to reach 200+ organization/business endorsements and
*20,00*0 individual
endorsements to represent a strong unified voice to tackle the affordable
housing crisis in our community for Ottawa’s city election.

To reach this goal, we are asking you to spread the word in the following
ways:

1. Endorse the campaign yourself <https://www.startswithhome.ca/endorse>.

2. Share this campaign <https://www.startswithhome.ca/> with your friends,
family, neighbours, networks, Board members, and colleagues who live in
Ottawa and ask that they endorse Starts With Home.
<https://www.startswithhome.ca/endorse> (Below is a sample email to use).
We are looking for both organizations/ businesses and individuals.

3. Post on social media <https://www.startswithhome.ca/resources> using
#StartsWithHome.

Together we can prevent, reduce, and end homelessness by addressing the
housing affordability crisis in Ottawa.

Thank you!

Sample Email - Send to your networks

Hello [Name]

Ottawa City Council declared a housing and homelessness emergency in
January 2020. You can help to change this by supporting the Starts With Home
<https://www.startswithhome.ca/> campaign. This is a non-partisan campaign
to build strong public support for Ottawa’s next City Council to take
concrete action to solve the housing affordability crisis. You can
read the platform
here. <https://www.startswithhome.ca/platform>

Our goal is to reach 200+ organization endorsements and *20,*000 individual
endorsements to demonstrate that affordable housing is a key priority for
our community.

By endorsing the Starts With Home movement, you will join hundreds of
neighbours who care about making sure that Ottawa is a city where everyone
can have an affordable, appropriate home.

Change starts with us.

Please join me and endorse the Starts With Home campaign.
<https://www.startswithhome.ca/endorse>

[Your name]

--

Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa