[homeles_ot-l] Cornerstone Housing for Women

Boutet, Raynor Raynor.Boutet at ottawa.ca
Wed Jan 12 11:08:45 EST 2022

Good morning. The purpose of this email is to provide you with an update on Cornerstone Housing for Women and the Dempsey Physical Distancing Centre (PDC).

Confirmation was received that the necessary lifecycle updates of Cornerstone Housing for Women are now complete and as a result, the residents will be moving back to its permanent location at 172 O'Connor mid-January 2022.  We have been working closely with our partners at Cornerstone Housing for Women to support the move of approximately 53 women from Heron Rd to 172 O’Connor St.

Due to the recent surge in COVID-19 cases, the City will stand down Heron Road Community Centre mid-January but maintain the facility temporarily as we monitor the emergency response in the community. With physical distancing guidelines still in place, the Dempsey Community Centre will continue to operate as a temporary physical distancing centre for women, supporting our partners and ensuring adequate capacity for women in the shelter system.

The HNCC will use the coming months to continue to work collaboratively with our community partners, including ongoing consultation with Ottawa Public Health to continue with our response efforts as well as the development of a recovery and sustainability plan that will help address any gaps that may not be accommodated within our existing community services and will include looking at new ways of providing services to residents in need.

Do not hesitate to reach out should you have any questions at all. For any Cornerstone specific questions, please feel free to reach out to Sarah Davis at sarah.davis at cornerstonewomen.ca<https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsarah.davis%40cornerstonewomen.ca%2F&data=04%7C01%7CRaynor.Boutet%40ottawa.ca%7C120365c5850544c47af608d9d5e3c51c%7Cdfcc033ddf874c6ea1b88eaa73f1b72e%7C0%7C0%7C637775996497188203%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=tBGeg54DLWiVDSQ%2Bi1%2FMMbCmy26AveF4OSh0qhE%2Fm2I%3D&reserved=0>

Thank you for all your support during this transition.

Raynor

Raynor Boutet – she, her, elle
COVID19 Human Needs Command Centre / Centre de commandement des besoins Humains
Community Liaison and Operational Issues Management / Liaison avec la communauté et de gestion des enjeux opérationnels
Community and Social Services Department / Direction Générale des services sociaux et communautaire
• Raynor.Boutet at ottawa.ca<mailto:Raynor.Boutet at ottawa.ca>
• Tel (613) 282-0659

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D807A4.C2E99AB0]

'

This e-mail originates from the City of Ottawa e-mail system. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized. Thank you.

Le présent courriel a été expédié par le système de courriels de la Ville d'Ottawa. Toute distribution, utilisation ou reproduction du courriel ou des renseignements qui s'y trouvent par une personne autre que son destinataire prévu est interdite. Je vous remercie de votre collaboration.

'