[homeles_ot-l] Study on COVID-19 and Homelessness in Ottawa - CLOSES FEB 14

Benjamin Roebuck roebucb1 at algonquincollege.com
Sun Jan 23 20:37:19 EST 2022

Background: The Alliance to End Homelessness has partnered with researchers from the Victimology Research Centre at Algonquin College to better understand how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the homelessness sector in Ottawa. The research is funded by SSHRC and has received ethics approval from Algonquin College, with secondary approval from Carleton University.

ONLINE SURVEY AND INTERVIEWS/FOCUS GROUPS

We are currently circulating an online survey, and conducting interviews and focus groups with people who have experienced homelessness during the pandemic. Interviews and focus groups will be co-facilitated with peer researchers who have undertaken facilitator training.

Posters: We would greatly appreciate it if you would consider hanging our recruitment poster in your drop-in space, and/or posting it to your social media. We have revised our closing date because of research delays related to Omicron.

If you would like us to drop off hard copies of the poster or if you have a space on-site where we could conduct interviews when it is safe to do so, please email our centre: vrc at algonquincollege.com

The poster is attached as a PDF and provided below as a PNG.

Thank you for all you are doing to support people through the pandemic.

[cid:13360b31-6416-486a-8ba4-15cf4ad3b8e2]

Benjamin Roebuck​

Research Chair & Professor of Victimology, PhD

Victimology Research Centre

Pronouns: he/him

T 613.727.4723 x 6328

Algonquin College | 1385 Woodroffe Avenue | Ottawa | ON | K2G 1V8 | Canada

Co-author of Staying Alive While Living the Life: Adversity, Strength, and Resilience in the Lives of Homeless Youth<https://fernwoodpublishing.ca/book/staying-alive-while-living-the-life>

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional and unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishnaabeg people.