[homeles_ot-l] Discovery University - Summer Programs Now Available

Peter Naylor pnaylor at ottawamission.com
Wed May 4 08:32:15 EDT 2022

Good morning everyone,

Discovery University is back! We are back to regular programming and applications are now open. We have three programs available for the Summer and we think there's something for everyone here.
It may give someone simply something to do, it may give someone the realization they can commit to something and complete it. Our summer programs are intended for marginalized adults (18+) to give people meaning, purpose, community and connection.

Here is an overview of our programs on offer:

Book Club (starts May 24th): Each book will be read over 5 weeks, examining different chapters and discussing the various themes and topics written throughout. The books being read this semester are the award winning 'When the Saints' by Canadian author Sarah Mian and 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time' by Mark Haddon.

Creative Arts (starts May 25th): We will explore new weekly hands-on art projects learning different art techniques such as clay modelling, canvas string art, acrylic painting techniques and more!

Movie Club (starts May 26th): For movie lovers and enthusiasts alike. Over 10 weeks we will watch, examine and discuss different movies from the past several decades. From classics to thrillers, there is something for everyone here.

*         Please see the poster attached for more information. Please feel free to put it up in your respective centres and advertise to your clients.

*         The Application form attached to this email is fillable. Please open it, fill it out and send it back to me via email. Deadline is May 18th.

*         If there are any questions, please contact ducoordinator at ottawamission.com<mailto:ducoordinator at ottawamission.com> or call 613-914-4575.

Kind regards,

[The Ottawa Mission Logo]

Peter Naylor

Program Coordinator, Discovery University

T 613.234.1144 x 244 | F 613.234.2813 | pnaylor at ottawamission.com<mailto:pnaylor at ottawamission.com>

35 Waller Street, Ottawa, ON, K1N 7G4

Website<http://www.ottawamission.com/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ottawamission> | Twitter <https://twitter.com/OttawaMission>