[homeles_ot-l] Job Posting: Supervisor, Needle Hunters

Michelle Ball mball at causewayworkcentre.org
Mon May 16 18:12:48 EDT 2022

Causeway
Needle Hunter's
Supervisor Needed!
Who is Causeway?

Causeway is a not-for-profit agency that empowers ALL people by helping those with mental illness and other challenges find meaningful work. We have a desire to see people treated with dignity and respect. We believe that there is no limit to anyone's potential. By leveraging their talents and abilities, we work to shift society's perspective regarding people whose value has not yet been recognized.
Is this You?

Causeway is looking for Community minded individuals to work in our Needle Hunter's Program. We are looking for a motivated individual to supervise our Needle Hunter team to make a difference in our community and recognize the importance of increasing safety in our city.

  *   If you believe it is your role to help build safer communities
  *   If you can work 6 to 9 hours a week, from 4 to 6 pm
  *   If you are dependable, punctual and are a team player
  *   If you can walk 3.5 to 4.5 km continuously
  *   If you are aware of, the barriers that many drug user's face

.....  Then this may be the job for you!

What will you be doing?

As a Needle Hunter you will be given a route in which you and another team member will look for and collect drug paraphernalia with the appropriate safety gear, which is provided by Causeway and the City of Ottawa.  You will be responsible for gathering Needles, Crack Pipes, Condoms, and other Paraphernalia.

What will your duties include?

  *   Training & Support for Needle Hunters: route directions, filling in shifts when staff is absent, safety procedures, regular communication with Needle Hunter's Coordinator etc.
  *   Able to walk and bend for duration of 2 to 2.5 hours per shift in all types of weather
  *   Following safety procedures as provided in position training
  *   Reliable and committed to being on site for each shift
  *   Representing the program and Causeway while working in the community
  *   Excellent interpersonal skills; able to reach out to and contact staff, conflict resolution skills
  *   Experience with mental health, harm reduction, working with vulnerable populations

Required

  *   First 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine

Asset

  *   Experience supervising a team of people

Immediate Openings! Shift Supervisor

  *   Friday to Sunday afternoons, from 4-6:30 pm in the Lowertown/Byward Market area

How do I apply?

Candidates can call Amy McGann 613-725-3494 ext. 119 or email their resume to amcgann at causewayworkcentre.org

Michelle Ball
Manager of Programs and Services
C: 613.325.2413 P:613-725-3494  ext. 115  |  mball at causewayworkcentre.org<mailto:mball at causewayworkcentre.org>
22 O'Meara St. Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4N6

[cid:image001.png at 01D86929.FF642B40]

22 O'Meara Street, Ottawa ON, K1Y 4N6  |  P: 613-725-3494  |  F: 613-725-9913
www.causewayworkcentre.org<http://www.causewayworkcentre.org/>

[cid:image002.png at 01D86929.FF642B40]<https://www.facebook.com/CausewayWork/>  [cid:image003.png at 01D86929.FF642B40] <https://twitter.com/CausewayWork>   [cid:image004.png at 01D86929.FF642B40] <https://www.instagram.com/causewayworkcentre/>   [cid:image005.png at 01D86929.FF642B40] <https://www.youtube.com/user/CausewayWorkCentre>   [cid:image006.png at 01D86929.FF642B40] <https://www.causewayworkcentre.org/how-to-help/>