[homeles_ot-l] Soul Space offerings

Soul Space Coordinator coordinator at soulspaceottawa.ca
Wed Nov 2 15:03:25 EDT 2022

Upcoming Soul Space Offerings

Please join us for one or more of our upcoming offerings (please see attachments):

1. Soul Space Café - Thursday, November 10th @ 7-9pm - Bridgehead Coffee House, 282 Elgin Street (Elgin & Somerset) - Soul Space welcomes Ottawa’s frontline street health, shelter, day program & harm reduction workers for a monthly drop-in social gathering. Enjoy free coffee, tea & treats while engaging in meaningful conversation and activities with other frontline workers to support your wellbeing.

2. Creating with Clay Workshops @ Hintonburg Pottery Studio - November 14 (11am), December 14 (4pm)  - Take some time for yourself and get creative with other frontline street health, harm-reduction and social service workers in Ottawa! Register at: https://bookeo.com/soulspaceottawa <https://bookeo.com/soulspaceottawa>
You will notice that there is now a $20 fee related to participating in the clay workshop. The value of the workshop is $115, but as a frontline worker, you receive a discount of $95, so you pay $20 (taxes and supplies included). We trust that you will understand that we have implemented some fees to ensure that, as a non-profit initiative, we can remain in operation for you and other frontline workers in the long term. It is our hope that this fee will not be a barrier to your participation. If the fee is really not possible for you, but you would like to attend, please get in touch with us at: coordinator at soulspaceottawa.ca <mailto:coordinator at soulspaceottawa.ca>
________
Soul Space offers low-barrier, cost-free, holistic wellness workshops, cafés, day- and weekend retreats for street health, harm reduction, shelter & social service workers who care for people experiencing homelessness, complex substance use & mental health issues. Soul Space is guided by a collective of frontline workers and community members, as a program within the life and work of First United Church in Ottawa. As a non-profit initiative aiming to support other non-profits, our costs serve to ensure sustainability and continuity of our services. Soul Space revenue is supported in part by donations from charities, churches, individuals as well as various private and public donors.

Please contact info at soulspaceottawa.ca <mailto:info at soulspaceottawa.ca> if you have questions about our offerings.

Danielle Rolfe
Soul Space Coordinator

Email: coordinator at soulspaceottawa.ca