[homeles_ot-l] Soul Space

Danielle Rolfe daniellerolfe at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 11:32:19 EDT 2022

Have you heard about Soul Space?

Soul Space offers low-barrier, cost-free, holistic wellness workshops, cafés, day- and weekend retreats for street health, harm reduction, shelter & social service workers who care for people experiencing homelessness, complex substance use & mental health issues. We have upcoming day and weekend retreats, with spaces available to relevant community organizations to send their frontline workers to for some time away and healing among a community of street health, day program, shelter and harm-reduction workers. Please see the attached brochure for pricing and more information.

Soul Space is guided by a collective of frontline workers and community members, as a program within the life and work of First United Church in Ottawa. We aim to provide offerings at no direct costs to frontline workers. As a non-profit initiative aiming to support other non-profits, our costs serve to ensure sustainability and continuity of our services. Soul Space revenue is supported in part by donations from charities, churches, individuals as well as various private and public donors. We would be happy to work with you to discuss how to make our offerings accessible for your organization and employees. We can also offer support to acquire grant funding to help with costs.

Please contact info at soulspaceottawa.ca <mailto:info at soulspaceottawa.ca> if you have questions or would like to register your employees for an upcoming Soul Space offering.