[homeles_ot-l] Invitation to Extreme Heat Vulnerability and Adaptation Assessment Workshop – May 26, 9:00 to 11:00 AM

Isernhagen, Birgit Birgit.Isernhagen at ottawa.ca
Tue May 16 17:25:07 EDT 2023

Hello,

You are invited to participate in a workshop on health risks in Ottawa from extreme heat and the future adaptive strategies we will need to adapt to our changing climate.

Climate change models for Ottawa predict we will have over 30 very hot days every summer by 2050.  Ottawa Public Health, the City of Ottawa, and community organizations that service priority population in Ottawa are planning for these changes to make sure we are prepared and can adapt to hotter summers.  This workshop will build on work the City of Ottawa Climate Resiliency Team has been doing in 2022-23 to identify adaptive strategies to all climate risks in Ottawa.  It will focus on hot weather risks where people live.

We want to hear from you about:

1.            Who is most vulnerable to hot weather in Ottawa?

2.            How do you and your clients stay cool when it’s hot out and are these strategies effective?

3.            What strategies will help priority populations stay healthy as our city experiences more very hot days in the future?

It is important that we hear from you as service providers who assist others and are sometimes directly responsible for the health of your clients.  We hope you will share your experiences and solutions for the future.

We hope you are able to attend this 2-hour online workshop on Friday May 26th, 2023, from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.  A Zoom meeting link will be added to this Outlook invitation next week.  If you cannot attend, please forward this invitation to a delegate.  We will share the presentation and meeting notes following the workshop.

We look forward to seeing you virtually!

Martha Robinson, Christine Taylor, and Birgit Isernhagen

Birgit Isernhagen (she/elle)
Program Planning and Evaluation Officer
Healthy Environments, Environmental Health and Infectious Diseases
613-315-4985
Birgit.Isernhagen at ottawa.ca<mailto:Birgit.Isernhagen at ottawa.ca>

Christine Taylor
Project Officer
Emergency Management, Environmental Health and Infectious Diseases
613-580-2424, ext./poste 23233
Christine.Taylor at ottawa.ca<mailto:Christine.Taylor at ottawa.ca>

Martha Robinson (she/her)
Healthy Environments, Environmental Health and Infectious Diseases
613-580-2424, ext./poste 23658
Martha.Robinson at ottawa.ca<mailto:Martha.Robinson at ottawa.ca>

Ottawa Public Health - Santé publique Ottawa
100 Constellation Drive /100, promenade Constellation
Ottawa (Ontario) K2G 6J8
'

This e-mail originates from the City of Ottawa e-mail system. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized. Thank you.

Le présent courriel a été expédié par le système de courriels de la Ville d'Ottawa. Toute distribution, utilisation ou reproduction du courriel ou des renseignements qui s'y trouvent par une personne autre que son destinataire prévu est interdite. Je vous remercie de votre collaboration.

'