[homeles_ot-l] Final Week for Action: Sign our Letter to Address Ottawa's Shelter Crisis

Alliance To End Homelessness Ottawa info at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Wed Nov 22 14:33:48 EST 2023

Dear Members and Supporters,

We need your help
<https://www.startswithhome.ca/ottawa_s_homeless_shelter_crisis?e=74f9a5e0672d68522844f23c01fdb8d1&utm_source=allianceottawa&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=emergency_shelter_crisis_2&n=2>
 to ensure that no one is left out in the cold this winter, as Ottawa's
emergency shelters are at the brink of capacity.

A few weeks ago, the Mayor and Ottawa City Council launched an emergency
shelter task force to tackle this critical issue. We are in very real
danger of people not having any place to go as winter approaches. We are
asking for $30 million in federal funding to address the ongoing shelter
crisis with housing-focused solutions.

Numbers matter.
More letters to federal leaders means more people care about this issue.
Help us show how much Ottawa cares by asking your coworkers, neighbours,
friends, family, and anyone who cares about ending homelessness in our
community to sign and send letters as well.
<https://www.startswithhome.ca/ottawa_s_homeless_shelter_crisis?e=74f9a5e0672d68522844f23c01fdb8d1&utm_source=allianceottawa&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=emergency_shelter_crisis_2&n=3>

By working together, we can make a real difference and end homelessness in
Ottawa.

Every signature counts, and your participation will help get the action we
need to ensure that no one is left in the cold. Please sign here.
<https://www.startswithhome.ca/ottawa_s_homeless_shelter_crisis?e=74f9a5e0672d68522844f23c01fdb8d1&utm_source=allianceottawa&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=emergency_shelter_crisis_2&n=4>

Take care,
Kaite Burkholder Harris

https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/