[homeles_ot-l] Furniture donations needed!

Communications, Matthew House Ottawa communications at matthewhouseottawa.org
Mon Feb 12 11:22:33 EST 2024

Dear community partners and supporters,

The demand for our services here at Matthew House Ottawa’s Furniture Bank<https://www.matthewhouseottawa.org/furniture-bank-program1> is high all year round, however our inventory of donations becomes quite low in the winter. This forces us to have to reduce the number of clients we serve to 4 or 5 families/day rather than up to 8 families/day in the summer months.

If you are not already familiar with our work, our Furniture Bank program provides gently used furniture and household items to low-income families and individuals. We hope to serve more than 1500 families in 2024, and to do this we are in need of more items to provide for our clients.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could take the time to share this email or attached flyer with your friends, family, colleagues, neighbours, and network. Helping us spread the word of our donation collections will go a long way in helping us continue to serve our clients!

We are always in need of the most used furniture and/or household items in your home – the items almost everyone uses each day. Beds, sofas, linens, dressers, tables, chairs, kitchen supplies, etc.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Your support is always appreciated here at Matthew House Ottawa!

Sincerely,

The MHO: Furniture Bank team

Matthew House Ottawa
613-591-6681
www.matthewhouseottawa.org<http://www.matthewhouseottawa.org/>

In 2023, we fully furnished 1424 homes and provided a bed, food and settlement support to 219 refugee claimants.