[homeles_ot-l] RSVP for "Ending Homelessness is Possible: Lessons from Finland"

Kaite Burkholder Harris kaite at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Fri Jan 12 16:46:55 EST 2024

[image: image.png]

Next week marks the 4th anniversary of the City of Ottawa declaring a
housing and homelessness emergency - the first city in Canada to do so.
Since then, many others have followed suit.

Homelessness is not inevitable and we want to spend next week talking about
how we can solve it.

Join us  <https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/events>next week *Tuesday,
Jan. 16th at 8 pm at Dominion Chalmers* for "Ending Homelessness Is
Possible: Lessons from Finland".

We'll hear from housing leaders from Finland's Y - Foundation, Teija
Ojankoski, CEO, and Juha Kahila, Head of International Affairs on how the
country has virtually eliminated homelessness. They'll be joined by Federal
Housing Minister Sean Fraser and Jocelyn Formsma, Board Chair of the
National Indigenous Collaborative Housing Inc. (NICHI).  Senior CBC
Reporter, Catherine Cullen, host of The House, will facilitate a
conversation about how Canada can do this too.

   - RSVP for the In-person Event
   <https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/in_person_ending_homelessness_is_possible_lessons_from_finland>
   - RSVP for the Virtual Event
   <https://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/virtual_ending_homelessness_is_possible_lessons_from_finland>

Next week, as we see record numbers of people sleeping outside and staying
in shelters, come learn about real solutions to ending homelessness,
instead of more band-aid solutions.

We *can *end homelessness in Canada, but it takes new approaches and public
and political will. Join us and spread the word.

We hope to see you there.

--

Kaite Burkholder Harris  (she/her)
Executive Director