[homeles_ot-l] Invitation to 90-minute online workshops with OCLT

Mike Bulthuis mike.bulthuis at oclt.ca
Tue Mar 5 08:38:49 EST 2024

Hi everyone,

The Ottawa Community Land Trust (OCLT) was borne in 2021 to support the preservation and growth of affordable housing in Ottawa. Through further dialogue with non-profit, cooperative housing and community sector organizations, we believe we can collectively identify ways to expand capacities and strengthen resilience. We want to explore this with you in some brief online workshops later this month!

With appreciation to the Community Services Recovery Fund for support, we’ve organized a number of informational workshops in late March – specifically oriented to engaging sector partners - to strengthen this dialogue, and to jointly identify ideas and priority actions for our work. We believe that through greater collaboration, we can together leverage equity, grow community housing and raise capital (including through community investment) – for collective and organizational impact.

In collaboration with Manal Sayid (Sayid Consulting), we’re leading two informational workshops, each running twice – one more introductory, and another more oriented to those with a base knowledge of the OCLT. We’d love for you, and/or colleagues from your organization, to join us! Specifically, the two workshops are:

What is the OCLT? - An Introduction to the Ottawa Community Land Trust: The objective of this session is to inform, enlighten, and inspire individuals about the benefits and operations of Community Land Trusts, with a focus on how the Ottawa Community Land Trust (OCLT) is making a tangible difference in Ottawa. This workshop aims to clarify the concept of CLTs, highlight OCLT's current projects, identify further potential, and explore avenues for community involvement and support.

  *   (Wed) March 20: 9:00 – 10:30 AM: Register here<https://tinyurl.com/March20WhatIsTheOCLT>.
  *   (Tue) March 26: 3:00 – 4:30 PM: Register here<https://tinyurl.com/March26WhatIsTheOCLT>.

How can our organizations work together? Getting Involved with the OCLT: The objective of this session is to deepen understanding among participants who are already somewhat familiar with Community Land Trusts, specifically the OCLT, and to equip you with actionable insights and opportunities for active involvement. This workshop is designed to transition from awareness to action, enabling you to identify and commit to tangible ways you can support and benefit from OCLT’s mission to preserve and grow sustainable, affordable housing in Ottawa.

  *   (Fri) March 22: 9:00 – 10:30: Register here<https://tinyurl.com/March22GettingInvolvedWithOCLT>.
  *   (Thu) March 28: 9:00 – 10:30 AM: Register here<https://tinyurl.com/March28GettingInvolvedWithOCLT>.

We look forward to speaking with you!

Mike