[homeles_ot-l] Soul Space Events May

Soul Space Information info at soulspaceottawa.ca
Tue May 7 15:00:06 EDT 2024

SOUL SPACE UPCOMING EVENTS AND OFFERINGS

Online Meditation for Caregivers Experiencing Grief and Loss - every
Tuesday at 7:30pm

Join with others to nourish yourself in the supportive company of other
caregivers- Tuesdays from 7:30 to 8:30pm via Zoom. For the zoom link:
coordinator at soulspaceottawa.ca. This offering is appropriate for everyone,
even if you have no meditation experience!  The intention of the session is
to explore how mindfulness meditation can be a support with the emotions
that arise in the care-giver role, and when living with grief.

Soul Space Cafe - this Thursday, May 9 at 7pm

This is also Cafe week at Soul Space and a welcome opportunity for
frontline workers to connect with each other while enjoying some free
refreshments in a friendly environment. The cafe takes place on May
9th (and every second Thursday of the month) at 282 Elgin Street from
7pm-9pm. There is no sign up necessary, just turn up and enjoy coffee, a
treat and connection with other frontline workers.

Collective Care Circle - Wednesday, May 15 at 3pm

Soul Space is excited to extend an invitation to our upcoming Collective
Care Circle (May 15th from 3-5pm at 253 Echo Drive), courtesy of Recovery
Care. This two-hour offering is specifically designed for frontline street
health & harm reduction workers. Explore different practices that may help
to navigate challenging feelings related to grief, loss, overwhelm, burnout
and compassion fatigue. We look forward to an offering of Mindful Self
Compassion with Lynn Fischer, a mindfulness-based stress reduction teacher
and retired family physician. Register: https://bookeo.com/soulspaceottawa

Soul Space Creating with Clay Workshops are back!!

We know you’ve been waiting patiently for their return, and so have we!
Join Ginger McCoy at her new space - earthen vessels - located at 36
Rosemount Avenue (next to Parkdale Food Centre). Enjoy time getting
creative and muddy alongside other frontline street health, harm reduction,
community and social service workers! As a frontline worker via Soul Space,
you can participate in this workshop for just $25 (valued at
$115). Register: https://bookeo.com/soulspaceottawa

We look forward to creating some Soul Space alongside you!