[Sust-mar] [Fwd: Stop ExxonMobil from drilling in the Arctic Refuge]

Paul Falvo pfalvo at chebucto.ns.ca
Tue Feb 28 22:59:58 EST 2006

Action Alert

*Protect the Arctic Refuge from ExxonMobil and its anti-environment
allies in Washington.*
*Click Here to Donate!
<https://secure.ga3.org/03/exxposeexxon_donate/nzpw_zSE1fXrE?>*

  From pushing to open the pristine Arctic Wildlife Refuge to oil
drilling to funding junk science groups that deny the existence of
global warming, ExxonMobil has waged an all out war on our environment
in its pursuit of profits.

As if making a record-breaking $35 billion profit last year wasn't
enough, *President Bush just gave ExxonMobil a huge gift by including
provisions to open the Arctic Refuge to oil drilling *in his recent
budget proposal for 2007.

The President's proposed budget will now move to Congress for approval
and we need your help to make sure Congress keeps Arctic drilling OUT of
its 2007 budget.

*We need to raise $10,000 this week to fund our coordinated efforts to
protect the Arctic Refuge from ExxonMobil and its cronies in Washington.
*
Click here to make a secure online donation of $35 or more to protect
the Arctic Refuge from this attack.
<https://secure.ga3.org/03/exxposeexxon_donate/nzpw_zSE1fXrE?>

SaveOurEnvironment.org plans to hit the ground running to combat this
attack on our Arctic Refuge.  Your contribution will help us:

     * Pay for organizers in thirty states who will mobilize citizens to
       contact their Congresspeople to urge their support of the Arctic;
     * Support our extremely important efforts to educate potential
       Arctic allies in Congress about why they should support the Arctic
       Refuge instead of big oil companies like ExxonMobil; and
     * Increase our ability to educate the public about environmental
       issues and strengthen our power to fend off attacks like this in
       the future.

ExxonMobil and its allies in Washington will stop at nothing to open our
pristine Arctic Refuge to oil drilling, despite the fact that the
overwhelming majority of Americans want to protect the Refuge.

*Your emails, faxes, phone calls, personal visits, and contributions
have helped us fend off attempts to open our Arctic Refuge in the past.*

Make no mistake about it - ExxonMobil is not about to give up this fight
and neither are we.  Only difference is that ExxonMobil made a profit of
$35+ billion last year.  That is why we need your support to mount our
defense quickly and effectively.

*Please help us reach our goal of raising $10,000 by March 7 to keep
ExxonMobil OUT of our Arctic Refuge - click here to donate $35 or more
now. <https://secure.ga3.org/03/exxposeexxon_donate/nzpw_zSE1fXrE?>
*
The polar bears, caribou, seals, whales, and countless other animals and
plants that call the Arctic Refuge home will thank you.

Thanks so much for your help,

Katelyn Sabochik
Online Campaign Manager
info at saveourenvironment.org <mailto:info at saveourenvironment.org>

--
P Falvo				PO Box 933
(867) 873-LOON (5666)		Yellowknife NT  X1A 2N7

MGP Hearing BLOG http://www.mackenziewild.ca/postings
Alternatives North http://www.alternativesnorth.ca
Join the Sierra Club http://www.sierraclub.ca/join
Support Sierra Legal! http://www.sierralegal.org