[Sust-mar] SunRoot Garlic Festival
juniper at chebucto.ns.ca
Tue Jul 11 18:08:57 EDT 2006
SunRoot Farm's 2nd Annual Garlic Festival!
Saturday, July 29th, 10am-4pm (Rain or Shine) Free entrance
This exciting festival includes:
* workshops on organic gardening, growing great garlic, and garlic as
* demonstrations on wool spinning, beekeeping, ice cream making,
stilt walking, and garlic braiding
* garlicky food from around the world
* community marketplace with produce, baked goods, honey, and more!
* Music with the Wilderbeats- a Halifax based band that will have you
dancing hand singing along to their folk and blues tunes
SunRoot Farm is located at #3101 Hwy 236, 5 min. past Kennetcook,
East Hants, NS
For more info and directions- 632-2497/www3.ns.sympatico.ca/sunroot
All proceeds from this event support Community Voice, a community
food program that aims to improve the quality of life of low income
families and individuals in East Hants through access to healthy,
organic food, and the development of community capacity.
More information about the sust-mar