[Sust-mar] Health Promotion Coordinator (2 positions)

Holly MacIntyre holly.macintyre at ns.cancer.ca
Tue Jul 18 12:00:20 EDT 2006

Please share with anyone who may be interested- thank you

Employment Opportunity

Positions:                    Health Promotion Coordinator (2 positions)

Position Types:           Regular, full time (1 position) & 13-month Contract (1 position)

Location:                     CCS-NSD office (Halifax)

Reports to:                  Director of Programs

Date Posted:              18 July 2006                Application Deadline: 24 July 2006 at 12:00pm

The Canadian Cancer Society is a national, community based organization of volunteers and staff whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.

In the role of the Health Promotion Coordinator, you will design, implement and evaluate health promotion programs and services related to the CCS-NSD primary and secondary cancer prevention priorities.  You will support the orientation and on-going development of CCS-NSD Health Promotion Volunteers.  You will work collaboratively with the CCS Prevention team, CCS staff and volunteers, as well as our community and governmental partners.

Qualified candidates will have a baccalaureate degree in health promotion, or a related field, health promotion experience, an understanding of cancer control, volunteer and community development expertise and a valid drivers license.

These positions are based in our Division Office, located in Halifax.  Salary will commensurate with experience.  Benefits provided according to CCS Policies.

Please submit your letter of interest and resume, in confidence, to:

Wendy Skinner

Director of Volunteer Development & Human Resources

5826 South Street

Halifax, NS  B3H 1J6

Fax:      1-902-429-6563

E-mail: wendy.skinner at ns.cancer.ca

While we appreciate your interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted.  No telephone calls, please.

The Canadian Cancer Society – Nova Scotia Division is a scent-free and

tobacco-free working environment.