[Sust-mar] housekeeping - domain name questions

Paul Falvo pfalvo at chebucto.ca
Sat Jun 3 22:41:52 EDT 2006

First of all, big thank you to Tamara Lorincz and Kable Frank for a very
generous donation from the Society for Corporate Environmental and
Social Responsibility (CESR). As many of you know, CESR runs a fantastic
annual event called the "Dump and Run" which diverts stuff from landfill
and raises money for community groups. This year, CESR donated enough to
sust-mar that we can stay in operation for another year, order more
cards AND get a domain name that is easier to remember.

CESR's support is the reason I put their URL at the header of every
sust-mar message. Please visit CESR and say nice things to them.

And now my questions to you, dear Sust-Martians ... the domain I propose
to go with is www.sustainablemaritimes.ca

Long, but easier I think to remember and spell than www.sust-mar.ca
because many people misspell "sust-mar"

Easier to remember and tell your friends than the current:
list.web.net/lists/listinfo/sust-mar

Question 1: Do you agree? Got a better idea?

Question 2: Any advice from you techies on how to set up the domain? I
want to go through CCN in order to support CCN. However, their online
instructions sent me to CIRA which sent me to private domain registrants
which charge much less than CCN and seem to combine hosting with
registering. So, I am left wondering how do I register it one place and
get it hosted by CCN -- presumably redirecting the virtual domain to the
actual one (above).

Clear as mud? I was planning on putting the question to CCN. But wanted
to see if any Sust-Martians have helpful advice first.

Thanks
~Paul

--
Save Kyoto! http://www.mackenziewild.ca