[Sust-mar] Halifax Green Drinks, Wed, March 29th: What have you been reading?

Karen Miner karenminer at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 20 11:42:37 EST 2006

Halifax Green Drinks
Mark your calendar for March 29, 2006 for Halifax Green Drinks.
Theme: What have you been reading?

Date: March 29, 2006
Time: 7pm - 10pm
Place: Nail and Kneecap, 6194 Quinpool

The Green Drinks invitation is open to anyone interested in sustainability
issues that's keen to chat with other like minded folks. We look forward to
meeting you or welcoming you back!

In line with this month's theme "What have you been reading?", come ready to
share your thoughts on a favorite sustainability book/article/poem! Optional
activity: Bring along a book that you'd like to swap for something you
haven't read yet.

Also, the owner of Outside the Lines bookstore (6297 Quinpool Road) has
graciously supplied us with TWO green-themed pre-release books as door
prizes. We appreciate Bob's generous support of Halifax Green Drinks.

A NOTE ON OUR VENUE: The Nail and Kneecap is a great mingling venue, and we
are glad that we found it as a meeting place for Halifax Green Drinks. If
you come with an appetite, all the better for supporting the Nail and
Kneecap's dining license. Or, if you spot a "green tin" in the hands of one
of the organizers, we encourage you to drop a loonie or toonie in it. The
money will be used to pay for some communal nibblies (some nails and/or
kneecaps perhaps!).

As always, RSVPs are appreciated. Please send RSVPs and comments to
greendrinks_halifax[at]yahoo[dot]ca

CONTACT:
Email Karen Miner, Aviva Savelson, Alex MacDonald, and Aftab Erfan at
greendrinks_halifax[at]yahoo[dot]ca

A few words on last month's Halifax Green Drinks:

The February 22nd Coastal themed Green Drinks played homage to our diverse
and beautiful coastline. The idea was still the same, providing a space for
informal networking and social time, but with a salty twist. A number of
coastal experts were among the crowd of 30 of so at the Nail and Kneecap. A
special thanks to Sean Weseloh McKeane (Coastal Coordinator - Ecology Action
Centre) for helping to pull this event together.

Plus a REMINDER to vote in the MEC Board of Directors election if you
haven't done so already (www.mec.ca). Karen Miner is a candidate (Green
Drinks co-coordinator). Election ends on April 7, 2006.