[Sust-mar] Walk to School Week Early Registration Prizes

Janet Barlow asrts at ecologyaction.ca
Wed May 31 10:16:12 EDT 2006

Early Registration: Walk to School Week

International Walk to School Week happens this year from October 2 to 6.
Schools are urged to register before June 30 to qualify for the early
registration prize draw. Even more prizes are to be won for schools with
high participation rates.

Schools may register at www.goforgreen.ca/walktoschool/reg/step1.aro or
asrts at ecologyaction.ca.

Schools with breakfast programs are encouraged to hold a Walk to Breakfast
event this year. Contact us by June 30 at (902) 442-5055 and your school
could qualify for assistance in organizing your event.

Last year over 2,000 schools across Canada and 137 in Nova Scotia
participated in Walk to School Week. They walked for environment, health and
safety.

International Walk to School Week is an initiative of Active & Safe Routes
to School, coordinated in Nova Scotia by the Ecology Action Centre in
partnership with the Nova Scotia Department of Health Promotion and
Protection as part of the Active Kids Healthy Kids Initiative.
www.ecologyaction.ca/asrts.

-30-

Janet Barlow
Active & Safe Routes to School Coordinator, Nova Scotia
asrts at ecologyaction.ca
Tel: (902) 442-5055
Fax: (902) 405-3716
*NEW ADDRESS:
Ecology Action Centre, 2705 Fern Lane, Halifax, NS  B3K 4L3
www.ecologyaction.ca/asrts
Are you a member of the EAC? We need your support to continue our work!
Please join, renew or donate today. Call (902) 429-2202
http://ecologyaction.ca/membership.shtm