[Sust-mar] Executive Director, Nature NB, f/t, Fredericton NB, Dec 22 deadline

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Nov 22 12:25:16 EST 2006

[as posted to GoodWork http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Executive Director
    of Naturalists) http://www.naturenb.ca

Date posted to GoodWorkCanada.ca: Nov 22, 2006
Application deadline: Dec 22, 2006
Start date: February 2007
Location: Fredericton NB, Canada

Qualifications

Educational background: post secondary college or
university degree.

Skills:

o Excellent English oral and written communication skills
  (French an asset);
o Excellent communication skills with youth, the public;
o Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
o Excellent organizational skills;
o Initiative and creativity.

Knowledge:

o Of the principles of business or non profit administration;
o Of New Brunswick's natural history and natural history
education;
o Of the conservation community in NB and the naturalist
community in NB.

Experience (proven):

o In financial management of programs and / or
organizations (min 2 years);
o With computer programs such as Word, Excel,
Powerpoint, internet applications, Simply Accounting,
InDesign;
o In fundraising (government and non-government as well
as private);
o In human resource management (min 2 years);
o In project management.

Terms of employment

The position is a full-time salaried position. The Executive
Director will be located in Fredericton and will work out of
Nature NB's (NBFN/FFNB) office. Salary: $ 35,000 and
up, depending on experience and qualifications.

How to apply:

Send a cover letter, your résumé and contact information
for three references (including your last employer) to:
Roland Chiasson, President, Nature NB (NBFN/FNNB),
28 High Marsh Road, Sackville, NB, E4L 1K2. Please
forward and electronic copy to: corvus at nbnet.nb.ca .
Deadline: December 22, 2006 (anticipated start date
early February, 2007)

For more information, please see our website,
http://www.naturenb.ca  or e-mail corvus at nbnet.nb.ca .

While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates
chosen for an interview will be contacted.

This message will also be posted at one or more of:
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
Planet Volunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
EcoProperty Canada http://www.EcoProperty.ca
The Calendar http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/
Any changes or corrections will appear there.

POST AN ECO-JOB OR OTHER OPPORTUNITY:
Post it with GoodWork: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
Post it with PlanetVolunteer: http://PlanetVolunteer.net
Post it with EcoProperty.ca: http://EcoProperty.ca
Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:

GOODWORK IS AN HONOUR SYSTEM, relying on your
payments and contributions. Please make your cheque payable to:
People and Planet, PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 5N1. Or go to:
Donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html
Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the
accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do
not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details
with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable
precautions before accepting employment, a contract or
any other arrangement.

--
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
PlanetVolunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
People & Planet http://www.Planetfriendly.net

~ it takes *people* to build a healthier world ~

Listing ID: 3248