[Sust-mar] Otesha Bike Tours - Volunteer Opportunity

Paul Falvo pfalvo at chebucto.ns.ca
Mon Nov 20 09:48:17 EST 2006

--- Forwarded Message ---

Volunteer Opportunity  - Please post widely!

Calling all Hopeful Hooligans: Join an Otesha
Cycling and Presenting
Tour and Change your World!

Looking for an opportunity to live sustainably in
a mobile community,
volunteer, explore Canada, gain leadership skills,
public speaking
skills, and make a real difference in the world -
all from the seat of
your bicycle? Are you between 18 and 30? Read on!

Applications are now being accepted for the Otesha
Project's 2007
cycling  and presenting tours.  This coming
spring, summer and fall,
over 80 young cyclists (15-20 per tour) will
transform Canada,
delivering inspiring and information-packed
theatrical presentations
to schools, camps and communities, challenging
audiences and
themselves to improve their environmental and
social impacts.

The Otesha Project (http://www.otesha.ca) uses
theatre to mobilize young
people to create local and global change through
their daily consumer
choices. Since 2003, Otesha has run five cycling
and presenting tours,
and this year we're running 5 more two-month
tours!

"I know this experience will have a lasting and
deep effect on my life
when I go back home. I will take further action in
my life to live
more sustainably and I will be empowered to
continue making a positive
impact on the world. This is only the tip of the
iceberg, only the
first few steps in a lifelong journey. This is
only the beginning."-
Alicia, 2005 Tour Member

"I am currently in my 5th year of post-secondary
education, but I
believe that I learned more in my two months with
this team than I
have through all my years of formal schooling." -
Brook, 2003 Tour
Member

Tour members receive training and valuable
experience in public
speaking, facilitation, theatre, bike touring,
bike maintenance, group
living, media relations, consensus
decision-making, sustainable
living, and becoming vehicles of positive change.
This is your
opportunity to spend two months with a close-knit
group of inspiring
change-makers!

Where and When:
Sunshine Coast Tour - May-June
Rocky Mountain Tour - May-June
East Coast Tour - July-August
Lake Superior Tour - Mid August- Mid October
Georgian Bay Tour - Mid August- Mid October

ARE YOU INTRIGUED??
Awesome! An information kit (with details on the
Otesha Project, the
individual tours, fundraising goals, scholarships
and application
forms) can be found at
http://www.otesha.ca/bike+tours/, by email at
applications at otesha.ca, or by phone at
613-237-6065. Applications will
be accepted on an ongoing basis until all
positions are filled, at
which time we will have a waiting list, so apply
now.

NOTE: The Otesha Project is an equal opportunity
organization and we
value the different expertise and diversity of our
volunteers and
employees. We strive to make our programs
accessible and will work
with committed individuals to ensure
participation.

We also have paid positions, internships, and
enhanced training
opportunities related to these tours, including
tour coordinator and
leader positions. Please see
http://www.otesha.ca/the+project/opportunities.en.html
for further
information.

Our apologies for cross posting. We are updating
our contacts so please let us know if you would
rather not receive this type of email.

** Calling all hopeful hooligans! Sign on to our
monthly e-newsletter: