[Sust-mar] Sustainable Agriculture In Cuba Video (The Nature of Things)

Helen Jones hjones at chebucto.ns.ca
Sun Dec 2 13:17:57 EST 2007

It's an odd coincidence, but I just viewed another excellent DVD on the same
topic that a friend loaned me.

It's called  THE POWER OF COMMUNITY:  How Cuba Survived Peak Oil.

            Produced in 2006 by The Community Solution - Community Services,
Inc., a group exploring the peak oil crisis.

            www.communitysolution.org

It's a prophetic film (both sobering and inspiring) and shows clearly what
all of our communities need to be doing.

The question in my mind is can we accomplish this without the advantage of a
quasi 'benevolent dictatorship' that Cubans had the advantage of.

Right now we're running blind.

Helen Jones

Dartmouth, Nova Scotia