[Sust-mar] Energy Advisors Needed
cyoung at clean.ns.ca
Fri Dec 7 07:57:09 EST 2007
Energy Advisors Needed!
Clean Nova Scotia is accepting applications for the position of
Certified Energy Advisor (certification training provided). Positions
are currently available in Halifax Regional Municipality although
positions may also be required in other parts of the province.
Candidates will have proven knowledge and skills in the following areas:
* building construction practices,
* building materials (insulation types, sealants, etc.),
* building science, including the principles of the "house as a
* computers, computer file management, the Internet and e-mail,
* energy efficient appliances,
* basic arithmetic and geometry,
* client relations,
* communication skills (both written and oral), and
* environmental public education and outreach.
A computer, printer, internet at home, and access to a vehicle are
Selected candidates with relevant backgrounds will be interviewed. The
interview includes a prequalification test to measure the level of
understanding of various required technical knowledge.
Qualified candidates undergo a standard course of training which
provides most of the skills needed to become a Certified Energy Advisor
and perform ecoENERGY evaluations. This course is followed by training
files that the candidates must complete before writing the national
certification test, and becoming certified as an energy advisor.
We are currently experiencing a high demand for the ecoENERGY program.
Despite the current popularity of the program it is important to keep in
mind that we are subject to the federal and provincial funding
priorities, and to seasonal fluctuations in demand.
Please send resumes by mail, e-mail or fax to Dave McCall by one of the
* Mail: Clean Nova Scotia, 126 Portland Street, Dartmouth, Nova
Scotia, B2Y 1H8
* E-Mail: dmccall at clean.ns.ca <mailto:dmccall at clean.ns.ca>
* Fax: 902-424-5334.
Application deadline is December 20th. Only those selected for an
interview will be contacted for an interview in January.
Charlene Boyce Young
Clean Nova Scotia
126 Portland Street, Dartmouth
(902) 424-5334 fax
cyoung at clean.ns.ca
INSPIRING ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE
More information about the sust-mar